29: the cold never bothered him anywayyy~

Mark flicked at his thighs as he waited outside the classroom. Kicked out yet again for sneezing cause another fucking sub didn't believe him. Johnny really couldn't have set a note for them.

He sighed, leaning his head back against the wall, clenching his jaw. Beginning to pick at the flaking skin on his forearm, Mark sniffled, starting to feel more and more shit as time dragged on.

"Mark!" His head shot up to Mr Kim walking past. The teacher paused, looking down at him on the floor with furrowed eyebrows. "Why are you here?"

Mark stretched upwards as he shrugged, "got kicked out."

Mr Kim's head jolted backwards in shock, kneeling down in front of him, "happens often?"

Mark chuckled, starting to stand up, Mr Kim following suit. "Not as often as it used to," he smiled awkwardly, "used to not be able to but rules changed."

"Taeyong hyung," Mr Kim nodded, which Mark agreed to. "Someone didn't believe you?"

Mark simply nodded, slouching against the wall behind him as he looked toward the classroom door, "I think she forgot about me."

Mr Kim laughed, "which subject?"

"Science, chemistry" Mark exhaled as he frowned. Chemistry wasn't very hard now that he could be in the classroom, but it still wasn't his strongest subject. Some concepts are just hard to get.

Mr Kim glanced at the classroom, looking through the glass panel for a moment. Once he was done assessing, he offered a hand to Mark. "Come, I'll try help, I didn't do too bad in high school chem," he smiled.

Mark blinked at him in shock before a smile crept on to his face, bending down and picking up the books he had strewn on the floor. He got up, nodding at the teacher to lead the way, Mr Kim leading them to a nearby vacant classroom he found.

Mr Kim walked into the room, his student following closely behind, and he closed the blinds. Mark sat down at one of the tables as the teacher turned on the lamp on the desk, facing it toward the crevice between the table and the wall.

Mr Kim paused for a moment, "this looks strange to anyone looking from the outside."

Mark laughed, shaking his head, "it's fine, the worst they could do is tell Taeyong and what the hell would he do when he knows it's fine?"

Mr Kim looked at him blankly for a moment before muttering a small "fair" under his breath.

With that he made his way to Mark's table, swivelling a chair in front of the desk and began to help him with his work. As Mr Kim worked his way through with Mark through the questions and problems, Mark could finally breathe in relief as he began to understand things. It was something Dongyoung could always do anyway. Even when Mark was younger and wondering about the small yet unusual things in life, Dongyoung always had an answer and always explained it just the right way so that Mark could understand.

Even of lately, both Jisung and Renjun had spoken about how good of a teacher Dongyoung was. Not that Johnny and Yuta were horrible or anything, but Dongyoung always knew how to explain anything they needed clarification on. And it varied from student to student, adjusting his words and concepts to fit the student's brain so they grasped the concept better. It wasn't holistic, it was broken down and explained intricately. Dongyoung just had a way with words.

Dongyoung and his words. A man who could speak so well, so fluently, so eloquently. Yet it seemed that he didn't have the words to save what he had so long ago.

Mark cheered as something finally clicked in his head, Mr Kim looking up and laughing as Mark got excited, rapidly tapping his feet as he answered the questions with speed.