44: Mark and Haechan share one singular dumb braincell

"Welp...that could've gone better."

Mark chuckled, picking at stray chips of tiling. "Yeah," he nodded, "it could've."

Donghyuck hummed, dragging his fingers across his own tiles, "at least we can do this though."

Mark looked up with a smile, "yeah, we can."

Mark could finally have his cliché now at least as they sat on their respective roofs, talking with one another in the sweet night. Closer, not by much, but closer than usual. There was still a warm hum buzzing through Mark's skin, but by now it was milder, pleasant almost. Maybe it was because it really was reducing, or maybe he was getting used to it. The unusual warmth he had grown attached to when it came to the younger, what he once feared but as it continued, he had learned to embrace it, love it even.

Or maybe it was the package deal he was happy about, that even though there was this slight discomfort, it came with the most beautiful, most wonderful person in world. Of course he could learn to live with a slight pain if it meant he could be closer to Donghyuck. There just was only so much pain he could deal with.

"How do you deal with the burn, hyung?" Donghyuck cocked his head with curious eyes. "I never asked before."

Mark cooed slightly, feeling his heart flutter. He rolled his shoulders back, "I got, like, aloe vera gel. Cools sun burns and also apparently sun burns."

Donghyuck giggled, mumbling an "ah" in response. "ice helps too?"

Mark hummed, nodding in response, "it's why Injunnie carries around random shit. Ice packs, pain killers, etc."

"Right," Donghyuck said. Mark sighed quietly as the wind flowed around him in a gust.

He tapped his feet on the roof, Donghyuck humming as he gazed up at the stars. The younger's eyes went soft, the reflections of the stars simply melting into the warm chocolate. Sparkling and curious, the light making his eyes shimmer, his mouth slightly agape as he stared in wonder.

"Pretty," Mark muttered quietly in English, staring softly at the younger boy. He no longer had to have someone else try and convince him otherwise. Maybe at the start he tried to debate with himself, but now, gazing at the younger, he understood that he was always destined to fail, to fall at the grace of the perfection that was Lee Donghyuck. He made him feel soft, warm, impulsive, like he could scream at the top of his lungs about just how gorgeous the boy before him was. That he was his everything. Mark honestly believed Donghyuck's beauty could honestly cause the fall of the next Troy. Lee Minhyung found perfection in the eyes of Lee Donghyuck.

"Hm?" Donghyuck snapped his head to Mark gazing at him, turning pink under his stare.

Mark chuckled, getting up and walking over to the edge of the roof. He kneeled down over the gap and placed a soft kiss on Donghyuck's cheek, his lips lighting on fire as he did so. "I said you're pretty, Hyuckie," he whispered in the younger's ear.

Donghyuck turned to him, his face turning red in Mark's shadow. The two simply gazed at one another, Mark completely forgetting his pain in the few centimetres they had between them. Mark slowly leaned in, sealing the gap between their lips for a short moment, sharing a soft chaste kiss.

Donghyuck released first, resting his head against Mark's for a minute, embracing the atmosphere they had created. Mark placed another kiss to the side of Donghyuck's head, cupping his face with one of his hands. He brushed Donghyuck's lips with his thumb, eyes closed and just held the red-haired boy close to him.

Donghyuck chuckled softly, nuzzling Mark's head, "hyung, you're gonna fall."

Mark laughed softly, opening his eyes to look at his placement, knelt on his own roof and balancing himself on Donghyuck's roof with one hand. Donghyuck left a peck on Mark's head before taking the hand on his cheek and helping Mark. Giggling, the elder boy slowly pushed himself back on to his own roof with Donghyuck's assistance.

Once Mark was back on his roof safely, both boys looked up at one another, sharing a quiet laugh as their cheeks dusted pink. A very stupid yet wonderful decision.

That is, until Taeyong's voice boomed through Mark's window, making the decision just stupid.

"LEE MARK MINHYUNG, GET YOUR ASS INSIDE RIGHT NOW OR SO GOD HELP ME!" Taeyong yelled, Donghyuck's face dropping in response. The young boy scrambled through his window, shutting it loudly.

Mark sighed, gradually turning his head toward the voice to see Taeyong standing in his dark room with crossed arms, eyes burning into his skull more painful than any contact with Donghyuck could ever be.

Mark blinked, his lips slowly turning upwards as he saw another figure beside Taeyong, almost as mad as his brother but with warmer eyes. Mark stood up abruptly, tripping on his way through the window, tumbling onto the floor.

The man beside his brother snorted, Taeyong shooting them a dark look as the man stifled his laughter.

"Hyung!" he yelped, launching himself into Dongyoung's arms. Dongyoung chuckled, breaking his mad expression as he caught the younger boy and mumbled a "hi".

Taeyong's shoulders slumped, "well now I'm just upset."

Mark sighed, detaching himself from Dongyoung, "I see you every day in this household, why would you expect anything?"

Taeyong scoffed, shaking his head, "how rude."

Mark pouted, leaning on Dongyoung's chest, "plus you just yelled at me."

Taeyong's eyes hardened once more, standing up straight, "right yes." He pulled Mark off Dongyoung, holding him firmly by the shoulders as his eyes bore holes into his head. "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?! THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T FUCKING YELL AT YOU WHEN I CAUGHT YOU WAS CAUSE I WAS SCARED YOU'D FUCKING FALL! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND, MARK!?" Taeyong slapped Mark's arm harshly, "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU CAN'T FUCKING TOUCH HIM, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO AND KISS HIM!? MINHYUNG WHY WOULD YOU- I SHOULD HAVE YOUR FUCKING WINDOW BOLTED IF YOUR GONNA PULL STUPID SHIT LIKE THIS."

Mark's eyes were wide, tears threatening to fall as Taeyong yelled at him. It had been quite a long time since Taeyong had yelled at him, he had genuinely forgotten how scary he was.

"I-I-I-I," Mark stammered, "I-I wa-wasn't..." he hiccupped, trying to walk back.

Dongyoung peeled Mark from Taeyong's grip, pulling him into his arms. "Yong, don't."

Taeyong clenched his fists with gritted teeth. He glared at Dongyoung for a few moments before sighing and turning on his heels. He huffed as he paced around Mark's room trying to cool off.

Dongyoung pulled Mark away from him slightly, "you're an idiot, Minhyung."

Mark exhaled with a stutter, "I know."

"Regret it?" Dongyoung asked softly, petting Mark's hair.

"No, never," Mark responded instantly. He could never regret it. Best decision of his life in his opinion.

Dongyoung laughed, "good?"

Mark smiled contently, "yeah, very."

Mark slowly controlled his breathing, thinking of stupid happy thought as Taeyong paced around his room.

Okay um, puppies, fluffy cute puppies, rice cakes, ice cream, Hyuckie, Jeno falling down the stairs, soft blankets, kissing Donghyuck cause honestly holy fucking shit.

Taeyong huffed loudly, catching Mark's attention. He spun, swallowing harshly but seemingly much calmer than he had previously. He walked over the two. "Scale?"

Mark blinked, only now realising the pain that slowly flowed through his veins. Incredibly mild, and he didn't feel like dying at that current moment, but it had been a few minutes now.

"Um...I don't actually know," Mark pursed his lips, looking up to his brother. Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows as Mark smiled to himself. "I probably did feel a lot of pain, but honestly, I don't remember it." Mark's face slowly went pink as he remembered what it felt like, how nice Donghyuck's lips were, exactly like he thought it would be. "I was too happy, hyung, I don't remember the pain."

Taeyong sighed, eyes flickering to Dongyoung for a moment before sitting down on Mark's bed. "Yeah, I understand." He glanced up to Mark, sending him a worried smile, "just be careful next time, I don't want you to get hurt."

Dongyoung gradually turned his head back to Mark, bringing him closer to his chest and sighing quietly to himself.