33: we're in need of a stealth mission

"Checkmate, bitch," a very very familiar voice echoed through from the living room of Yuta's house.

The three brothers had decided to go to Yuta's house, Taeyong just wanting to annoy his friend since the school days had been long and exhausting, and Jeno and Mark just tagging along for the hell of it. However it seemed that Yuta wasn't alone today.

Yuta froze slightly before shaking his head, "you want some tea?"

They could hear a quiet groan from the living room, definitely identifiable as Sicheng, the other resident of the household and Yuta's fiancé, and a loud laugh, which was unmistakable to all their ears. Especially Jeno's.

All of the brother's slowly made their way to the living room, Yuta desperately trying and failing to get their attention to come back to the front living area.

Jeno led both Taeyong and Mark to the back room, the light slightly fading in his eyes as he saw Sicheng collecting the stack of uno cards and the other person swaying back and forth, giggling quietly in a giant pink hoodie that wasn't his.

"Nana?" Jeno spoke quietly as he stood beside him, looking at him freeze in place at his voice.

Jaemin turned slowly, Sicheng now quietly packing the cards into the box and Yuta now joining the group, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

Jaemin grimaced, waving awkwardly. His sleeve fell slightly and before the yellowish marks could register in any of their minds, he pulled the fabric over his hands.

Mark sniffled, pulling his hoodie sleeves over his own hands and putting on his hood, glancing at the youngest with a sad sort of understanding. Taeyong looked up to Yuta, concern flooded through his eyes.

Jeno broke the silence once more, "Minnie," he gradually sat on the floor, brushing the hair slowly away from Jaemin's face, "how long have you been here?"

Jaemin swallowed, leaning into Jeno's touch, "maybe...two weeks."

Jeno nodded, cupping Jaemin's face, "are you okay now?"

Jaemin sighed with a nod in response, wrapping his arms around Jeno's waist and cuddling into his chest.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Taeyong asked softly.

Jaemin exhaled shakily, "Yeah, yeah. Um, Yangyangie, he came over so we could work on the music project." He nuzzled into Jeno's chest as the elder of the two ran his fingers through his hair, "we were mucking around, being stupid and...she walked in at a weird time. Guess it could've been misinterpreted...Eomma-"

"Alright," Jeno cut him off as he began to shake in his arms, "okay that's enough, it's okay, I'm sorry, angel." Jeno kissed Jaemin's head, softly lulling him to sleep now. He didn't need him reliving it once more. Jaemin simply nodded, latching to him tightly with soft breaths.

Yuta gestured for Taeyong to follow him, Mark awkwardly shuffling behind him and Sicheng getting up and joining them.

"I couldn't take him back, Yong," he reasoned, Taeyong waving dismissively with one hand.

"It's okay, I understand," Taeyong reassured him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I would've done the same. I've done the same"

A moment of silence passed the four of them, Jeno's soft humming faintly being heard in the background. They had been through this before, the silence being their understanding. It was...annoying...and shitty that it just kept happening. That the kids kept having to be saved.

"He was in the same boat as Jaehyun hyung," Mark spoke up quietly.

Sicheng unconsciously shuddered, mumbling a soft "oh' in response.

Taeyong nodded slowly, "when he was ten and twelve, apparently, they sent him...we couldn't take action, it's still legal here."

Yuta inhaled sharply, gulping as he nodded as well, "nothing else?"

Taeyong and Mark shook their heads. The only one left who everyone worried so much over was finally in the capable hands of Yuta and Sicheng, and though it was most definitely heart breaking for Taeyong and Mark to witness Jaemin in this state, the worst was over. Now they just had to wait and hope that now he would recover. Of course he would though, the boy lived through so much, it was like a breath of relief now knowing he was going to be okay now. 

Sicheng spoke up, "if she comes back-"

"Don't tell her anything," Taeyong shook his head, "I'll work something out from my end and send you details, but don't say anything."

Unfortunately for Taeyong, this wasn't the first time he's had to do this. This would actually be the third time, but this time he had a bit more power to rule with so he could do better. He barely got Jaehyun out properly and it took too long with Renjun that he was almost pulled back into that damn household before the papers were signed.

Yuta and Sicheng nodded once before Jeno cleared his throat behind them. They all turned to see Jaemin sound asleep on his back.

"Which one is his room?" Jeno asked in a hushed voice.

"Upstairs, first door you see on the left," Yuta responded.

With a nod and a silent thank you, Jeno turned and made his way up.

"Mark, can you do another stealth mission?" Yuta poked Mark's shoulder playfully.

Mark chuckled, "I can try."

"We couldn't get any of his things," Yuta explained, "he only had his phone and the clothes he had on, and...I can't get the blood out of it-"

"Hydrogen peroxide gets dried blood out clothing," Mark chirped.

Yuta blinked, "serial killer much, anyways, I need you to help get some stuff from his house, there's only so much I can loan him right now."

"Like what we did with Renjun?"

"Yup."

Back to Mission Is This Legal from 2012, how wonderful. He probably needed to message Jisung and maybe this time someone small. Maybe Renjun might want to help. An evil grin spread across Mark's lips.

"On it."