Doing This

This is ending soon if you didn't already know.

There won't be a sequel. I plan on finishing this story up by the last chapter.

Enjoy!

July 2024

Jessica's POV:

Carmen started to help me plan the proposal. She didn't tell anyone what I was planning. Not even Lola.

"When are you getting the ring?" Carmen asked.

"Picking it up tomorrow." I smiled. "Am I doing the right thing here?"

"Yeah." Carmen said. "I mean, Patri DID promise her future to you."

"What if she's not ready for it? What if she says no. I shouldn't propose I'm making a mist-"

"I'm not going to let you finish that sentence." She put her hand over my mouth. "You are amazing. Patri is madly in love with you. She got you that ring," She pointed to the one around my neck. "Because she knows that one day she wants to marry you. And you wear it because one day you want to marry her. She wouldn't have done that if she wasn't ready for it. She wants all of that with you, Jess." 

"How do you know?"

"Because all she talks about is you! Since the day you two met. Patri was never awkward around new people. But you literally took her breath away. You made her forgot how to speak. She fell in love with you right at that moment. She will say yes if you ask her to marry you, Jess."

Patri's POV:

"I miss my girlfriend." I pouted.

"Where is she?"

"With Carmen. Running some errands I think." I shrugged. "They've been spending a lot of time together." I looked at Lola.

"Don't look at me." She said. "Carmen says bye love you! And shuts the door before I can respond. When it comes to Jess," She shook her head. "I am nothing more than a booty call." She looked down.

Jenni laughed.

"What?" Alexia turned to her. 

"Booty." Jenni mumbled.

"Jesus Christ." Alexia covered her face. "Why are you like this?"

"And why are you dating it?" Mapi walked over. "I mean no offense Jenni but Ale, you could do SO much better."

"I know she could!" Jenni said. Alexia looked at her. "I mean what? We're not dating! Who's Jenni?"

I laughed. "Jess needs to be able to spend time with her friends." I said. "I just miss her. But she said we're having a date night on Friday." I smiled. "You can have your girlfriend back." I nudged Lola.

"Yay." She said. 

"You love her." Virginia said.

Lola nodded. "I do. Very much." 

Jessica's POV:

Carmen and I went to pick up the ring. "Is it what you wanted?" Carmen asked.

I looked at it. "Yeah." I smiled. "I'm really doing this."

"You're really doing this." She laughed.

We left and I put the ring box in my pocket. I kept patting it to make sure this was really happening.

"When are you getting Patri?"

I looked at my watch. "Like two hours." I sighed. "I'm getting nervous."

"Come on. Let's go get you ready." 

We went back to the apartment her and Lola were staying at while in Barcelona. "Lola?"

"Kitchen!" She yelled. 

I tucked the ring back under my shirt and we went inside. "I'm with Jess." She said.

"Ah, my favorite windshield smasher." Lola appeared and smirked.

"Never change, Lola." I said. "Never change."

"What brings you by?"

"I'm meeting Patri in a few hours but I thought I'd come see you first. Been a while." I sat on the couch. "How's my favorite Madrid keeper?"

"Great." She sat down. "Missing her favorite trainer though."

I laughed. "Well, as much as I loved being in Madrid. I feel more at home in Barcelona."

"I know." Lola smiled. "Just don't forget to visit."

"I'm here now." I said. "Besides Patri, you two were the first people to believe in me. I owe you guys a lot. You're the only family I need." 

"Aww." Lola hugged me. "I'm proud of you, you little pain in my ass."

"Feeling is mutual." I smirked.

Patri's POV:

I heard a beep and saw Jess pull up. I went outside. "If I drive any longer I'll have a panic attack." She got in the passenger seat.

"You planned date night and you want me to drive?"

"I planned how this evening ends." She said. "You can pick where we eat."

"Why?" I smiled.

"Because you, my love, are a picky eater. I am not." She smiled. 

I drove to a restaurant nearby and we ate. 

I put my hand on my pocket and smiled.

"We're not engaged." I said. "But,"

"But?"

"BUT!" Lola jumped up.

"I love buts!" Jenni said without thinking. Alexia covered her face. "WAIT! NO! Well," She looked at Alexia. "NO!"

"Oh my god." Alexia mumbled into her hands.

"Moving on." Lola said. "BUT!"

I laughed. "But after she got back from Manchester I just," I shrugged. "I asked her to marry me. Not anytime soon. Just a promise. All I want in this world is her. I know that. When I look forward to my wedding day, she's walking towards me. Clear as day. It's Jess. It's always been Jess. So no, we're not engaged. Not yet. But one day I'll actually ask her to marry me and we'll plan a wedding."

"Aww." Lola said. "You promised yourself to her. What a fucking loser."

"Lola." Everyone groaned. 

"What if I was ready." I said. "What if we're not engaged YET but I want to be soon?"

"I'd say go for it." Alexia said. "You two were meant to be together. I've never seen you this confident and happy. Full of so much love and hope. Focused on more than just football. Patri she's the love of your life." Jenni stared at her the whole time. "It takes people their whole lives to find that, but you found it in 2018." 

Jenni smiled and looked at me. "Don't let her go, Patri. Next time we're together it better be to celebrate your engagement." 

"What are you thinking about?" Jess asked.

I looked at her. "You."

"Me?"

"Yep."

"What about me?"

"Just how much I love you."