Assemble

CORONAVIRUS NOTE!

I currently work in retail. Retail employees don't matter. If you work in retail you know this. Our stores and managers don't give a shit about us. If something happens to us, they replace us. My store is not closing due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Instead, they keep reminding us that they have hand sanitizer available to employees. People stole some of the bottles of hand sanitizer we had. Today, my store informed me that we aren't closing. Instead, we're changing our hours. 11 am-7 pm. Our sales have dropped since the outbreak, yet we're remaining open. 

I have a respiratory problem. I have my own life. A simple cold puts me in the hospital. If I catch this virus, I'm screwed. But again, if something happens to me, my job won't care. They'll just hire someone new to take my place. 

I'd love to call my work and tell them I won't be coming in till the outbreak passes, but I can't afford that. So I will be going in for my shift and hoping that the few customers we do have in the store don't have ANYTHING. I hope none of my coworkers have anything.

October 2019

Jessica's POV:

Atleti vs Man City.

Leg 2. 

After the first leg, it was tied 1-1. 

Now we were home and looked to finish it. 

"Lola how's it going?" She sat next to me.

"I want to be on the field." 

"You will be." I said. "Give it time. They got this." 

The game started and Lola sat there and watched. She was very anxious. 

We all were, but she wanted this. 

We went up in the 40th minute thanks to an own goal. 

And that's how the first half ended. Us hanging on because of an own goal.

We need to close this out.

I sat and watched. The players came out and as the end got closer, we were leading 2-1.

The final whistle blew and the bench exploded. Players ran around the field and began celebrating. 

I laughed and watched the scene in front of me. 

Patri's POV:

"Your girlfriends in the next round too." Leila said with a mouthful of food.

"She's not my girlfriend. And you just spit on me."

She opened her mouth.

"You're gross." Mapi said.

"Which one of us is dating our captain's sister."

"We're missing the point." Mapi crossed her arms. "Patri's being a little bitch."

"Mapi!" Leila yelled.

"You come at me! I go at her! Try me!"

"DO NOT TRY HER!" I yelled. "ALEXIA!" 

Alexia walked in. "What?"

"Leila bullied Mapi and now Mapi is bullying me."

"And why am I here? I'm not your mother."

"Stop being a bitch and ask her out already." Mapi said.

"No swearing around Patri." Alexia pointed at her. 

"Sorry." Mapi mumbled. 

I left then room and heard Alexia follow me. "They're idiots."