Partnership

We're nearing the end!!!

The wedding might be the next chapter... I don't know yet. 

Enjoy some cute Patri and Jess!!

November 2024

Patri's POV:

I looked over at Jess. "Hey." 

"Yes?" She smiled.

"When do you want to start wedding planning?" 

She laughed. "You seem very excited about this. Patri, plan whatever you want. I will get married to you whenever and wherever you want." 

"Who do you want to invite?"

"Well considering all my friends are your friends. I have no family." She rubbed her neck. "I'll invite you. Patri will you come to my wedding?"

"Babe." I sighed. 

"What did you expect? Patri. I have no one." She closed her eyes. "Do whatever you want for the wedding. As long as you're there, the guest list doesn't matter to me."

"Who's going to walk you down the ai-"

"Lola." She said. "Already asked. She's the closest thing to family I have now." She turned to me. "No." She said.

"I didn't say anything."

"I can basically read your mind now." She said. "I'm not talking to my mother. She's dead to me."

"I just know how much you care about your brothers. I thought maybe you'd want them there." 

"I do. But them being there would have to include her coming too. And I don't want that. You were going to propose to me that night of my birthday." She looked at me. "But then everything with my father and she made it worse. I'm not inviting her to what will be the best day of my life. End of discussion." She got up and left.

Jessica's POV:

"How about this?" I bent Mariona's leg.

"That feels better."

I smiled. "Good. That's good. Means it's working." She laughed and sat up. I turned and wrote stuff in my notes.

"How's the wedding planning coming along?"

"Uh, I don't know. Ask Patri." I closed the notebook.

"You don't know?"

"I'm not involved in the planning." I shrugged. "I have no family to invite and all the friends I'd invite Patri will invite too. So, not involved."

"Jess. There's got to be someone you want at your wedding."

"There is." I said. "I'd love to have my parents at my wedding." I sat down in my chair and smiled. "But in case you forgot, they abandoned me when I was born. They didn't want me then, they don't deserve to have me now. I'd love to have my father walk me down the aisle. Patri smiling that whole time. Seeing my mother sitting right in front, tears in her eyes. Both of them sitting side by side, watching their daughter get married." I shook my head. "But not everyone gets that. I can't even have my adoptive parents because they abused me." I looked at her. "Not even a grandparent. Or an aunt or uncle. I have, no one."

December 2024

Patri's POV: 

"Thanks, Lola." I sat on the couch. 

"Anytime." She sat next to me. "So, what's up?"

"It's about Jess."

"Is she ok?"

"She's fine. It's about our wedding."

"Yes, Patri you have my blessing to marry her." 

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you. Your blessing means the world." 

She laughed. "What about the wedding?"

I told her everything Jess said about having no one. "I was hoping you'd help me with that."

"What can I do?"

"Well, you and Jess are basically siblings at this point."

She smiled. "I think I have an idea." 

Jessica's POV:

Patri walked in. "Hey." I smiled. "Where'd you go?"

"To see Alexia." She sat down. 

"How is WonderWoman?" 

She laughed. "She's good. I missed you though." 

"Cute." I smiled. "So I've been thinking."

"Uh oh that's dangerous."

"Shut up." I pushed her as I sat down. She immediately wrapped her arms around me.

"What were you thinking about my love?"

"What if we skipped the whole big wedding thing?" I looked up at her. "It's just a piece of paper at the end of the day, right? Why do a whole big thing?"

"Because it's our wedding and I want our friends and family to celebrate with us."

"Our friends and your family." I got up.

"Jess. My family is your family."

"Yeah, but they aren't." I turned to her. "Patri I don't know how to do this whole loving family thing."

"I'll teach you." She walked over to me. "Remember when you said you didn't know what it felt like to love or be loved? Look at you now. Family isn't blood. It's what you make along the way. Lola, Carmen, Mapi, Ona, Me. My family is your family. I wish I could change things and give you the loving parents you deserve, but what I can do, is show you this family that's formed around you."

"I don't know if I'll be a good wife to you." I whispered.

"You won't be a good wife." She said. "Because you're going to be the best." 

"And kids one day? I'm too broken to be a mother."

"Your experiences will make you the best mother ever for our children. You'll always be there for them and love them with all your heart. But most importantly, we'll learn that all together. I've never been a wife before." I laughed. "We'll figure that out together. And kids? Everyone still calls me baby goat! I've been part of a team my whole life. It's time for me to be in a partnership. With you. The love of my life. I'm ready for it. Are you?" I nodded. "Good. So, do you still want a small wedding? Because I think what I planned today will be pretty special." I laughed. "Do you trust me?"

"More than anyone on this planet."

"Then let's plan a wedding." 

What do Lola and Patri have planned for Jess?

Will Patri invite her REAL parents to the wedding?

Will they have little baby Patri's soon?

Keep reading and find out!!!