Any of You

I had a shit day at work. If any of you go into a retail store lately, just be respectful to the employees. 

We don't get paid enough to get treated like shit by customers. We also don't get paid enough to get treated like shit by our own managers.

Please just be respectful.

Sincerely a very tired retail worker.

Enjoy this update.

November 2022

Jessica's POV:

"It's me. It's Patri."

"Patri?"

"Jess. We're in Barcelona. We're out for a walk."

"We?" I looked around.

"I need you to breathe. You're having a panic attack." She kneeled in front of my. "Lola I need your help." She whispered to herself. "Um just breathe Jess. Hey. I need your help." She spoke into her phone. "Jess is having a panic attack. I think she remembered when she got stabbed and it all just came back. We aren't that far." She looked at me. "Hey? Just focus on me." I looked at her. "It's just me. It's Patri. Ok? I'm right here."

"Patri." I reached for her hand.

"Yeah. It's Patri." She smiled. "Ok? You're ok. No one's gonna hurt you. Not while I'm here. You're safe."

I felt pain in the side of my head. I closed my eyes and touched the side of my head. "It hurts."

"Patri?" I saw Lola. "What happened?"

I looked. "Lola." I looked around. "Where am I?"

"What?"

"What happened?" I looked around. "What? Why am I? When did I go to Barcelona? Why am I here? Lola what happened?" I grabbed my head. "Why does my head hurt?"

"Jess you need to calm down." 

"Don't tell me how to talk to my girlfriend."

"Is that what I am? Your girlfriend? Or am I your patient? I feel more like a patient."

"Stop!" I closed my eyes. "It hurts."

"Yes, I drank. I got drunk. I punched a guy in a bar because he called me a bitch. I'm not going to fall apart. But if I do, I need you to be there as my girlfriend."

"That's what I've been!"

"No! You haven't!"

I looked at Patri. I was filled with anger.

"Hey, Jess. It's Patri. I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now but please listen to this. I know you feel like we all ganged up on you. And we did, I won't lie. But we didn't do it cause we don't trust you. We did it cause we're worried."

"Jess what's going on?" Patri looked at me. "Talk to me. Please." 

"I'm Javier."

"I don't care." 

"And you are?"

"Me? What?"

"Patri. This is Patri. Patri Guijarro."

"Patri. Nice to meet you."

"Get in the car, Jess!"

"Whenever you need me. I'll pick up the call. Please just, stay safe."