Remember

The cute coworker? The feelings are back. Working with her 2 days in a row did not help.

Also, Black Friday was so fucking dead at work.... but the Saturday after????

WORST! DAY! EVER!!

WORST! WEEK! EVER!!

I'm still exhausted but I wanted to update this for you.

Hope you enjoy. 

October 2022

Jessica's POV:

Today I was getting out of the hospital. I remember a little but not everything. Patri and Carmen still aren't clear to me. Lola, I kind of remember from Sevilla.

So till I became more comfortable with other people. I was staying with her. 

But she lived with Carmen. 

"You can sleep here." Lola said pointed to the extra bed. "I'll be right through there if you need me." She smiled.

"Can you tell me about Patri?"

"What about her?"

"She said she's my friend but it didn't sound like it. What was she to me? Really."

Lola sighed. "Patri loves you. We all do, but the way she loves you is different. Carmen and I, we love you like family." 

"Patri doesn't?"

Carmen sat next to me. "Patri loves you the way I love Lola."

"Did I love her?"

Lola nodded. "You did. I think once you remember everything you'll still love her."

"Do you think I'll remember?" I looked at her.

"I hope you do. Just give it time. It's only been a week."

"A week and I still don't remember anything."

"You remember me. You remember Sevilla." 

"But that was 8 years ago." I shook my head. "I worked for Spain's under 20 team? I worked for Atletico Madrid? I met my birth mother? I remember done of that. I'm getting texts from someone named Virginia and I don't know how to respond because I don't know who that is. Now I love someone?" 

"You remembered something when I played that voicemail." Lola said. "What was it?"

"I was at a bar." I closed my eyes. "I saw my phone go off. I don't remember who it was. Or who I was with. But I got up and left. Listened to the message. After it ended I looked up at the sky."

"Did you say anything?" Carmen asked.

"I love you too, Patri Guijarro."

"No." I shook my head. "I didn't. Then it just goes black." I looked down. 

"The message was from Patri." Lola said standing up. "And a witness said you said something before you got hit. I think you know what that is."

"Lola." Carmen stood up.

"No. We need to push her. How else will she remember?"

"I said I love you too, Patri Guijarro." I looked at Lola. "I don't remember saying it. But I keep hearing my voice saying that in my head. When I see Patri, when I hear her voice, when someone says her name. My voice in my head. Repeating that over and over."

Patri's POV:

I returned to Barcelona and got back to work in the league. Atleti replaced Jess for the time being. Fans were very upset to hear about the accident and were sending positive messages to her every day. 

Lola said that she kind of remembers but also doesn't.

I sat on the couch and grabbed my phone. 

Jess

I stared at the contact and sighed. Then I hit call.

It rang for a while then someone answered. 

"Hello?"

"Jess." I smiled. "It's Patri. I was just calling to see how you were doing?"

"Oh. Hi Patri." She said. "Um I'm ok I guess. I keep getting bad headaches but the doctor said that if I try to remember too much at one time that can happen. I'm going back next week for a follow up."

"Everything's ok though?"

"As it can be." She said. "Something is telling me that I miss you. Is that weird?"

"No." I smiled. "I miss you too, Jess."

"Lola said you might be able to help me remember some stuff."

"If you're feeling up to it, I'd be more than happy to help." I said. "I have some pictures and videos. You should come to Barcelona with them for their game." 

"Maybe." She said. "We'll see how I feel." 

"Lola and Carmen driving you crazy?"

She laughed. "Not really. It's nice to have family. It sounds like you and all your friends became my family." 

"Family isn't always blood. You have the power to choose your own." I said. "And we chose you. Luckily, you chose us too." 

"Seems like I chose you specifily. The rest just followed." She said. "Did you really love me? Like the way Lola loves Carmen? They told me that you did."

"When you come to Barcelona, we'll talk in person. Ok?"

"Just tell me. Patri, please."

I sighed. "Yes. I did love you like that, Jess. I still do. You were and still are the love of my life. And if I have to wait again for you to say it back, I'll wait as long as I have to. You're worth the wait. You're everything to me."

"Were we dating?"

"Yeah. We were going through a rough patch before your accident. Again, I'll go into detail in person. It's better to talk face to face. Have that time to clear the air."

"But you do love me?"

"I do." I said. "I really do."

"The voicemail Lola played. Was you." She said. "I listened to it. You called me when I was at the bar. I let it go to voicemail. When I left, I played it. You said I love you. So, so much, Jessica Torres. More than I have the words to say. After the message ended, I looked up at the sky. I do remember saying that."

"Saying what?"

Then she said something I've been waiting months to hear.

"I love you too, Patri Guijarro."

Awwwwwwwwwww.