Run

March 2019

Jessica's POV:

"Why are you two coming again?" I turned to Lola and Carmen.

"Jenni went to Barcelona yesterday, I miss my friend." 

"And I want to bother Patri." Carmen said. "When you're not with her." 

"Also, I'm still on the edge with you. So I will be keeping a VERY close eye on you." Lola said.

"Babe look a tree." Carmen said.

"Ohh." Lola looked out the window.

"You won't even know we're there." 

"Ok. If you say so." 

Patri's POV:

I got my keys and drove to Leila's.

"My young apprentice!" She opened the door.

"No." I walked inside.

"No?"

"No." I repeated.

"Get out." She pushed me to the door. "Let's try that again. I am going to open this door with "My young apprentice!" and you will respond ACCORDINGLY!" She shut the door in my face. "Ready?"

I rolled my eyes. "Ready."

"Ok! Go!" She opened the door. "My young apprentice!" I stared at her. "Forget it." She walked away. "What do you need, Patri?"

I shut the door. "Why do you think I need something?" She turned to me and crossed her arms. "Ok fine. Jessica is coming here. We're gonna hang out during the break."

"Aww. And you came to your favorite person for advice!"

"No. I came to ask you to take care of Carmen and Lola."

"To do what now?"

"Lola tagged along on the trip because Jenni is in Barcelona."

"Ah yes, here for "fun" and "not visiting Alexia" as she says." Leila laughed. "And what am I supposed to be with sweet, innocent Carmen?" 

"Anything that gets her away from me for like a day?"

"Hmmm." She tapped her chin. "What's in it for me?"

"Nothing?"

"Fantastic. I'm in." She smiled. "When do they get here?"

Jessica's POV:

After the never-ending trip, we arrived in Barcelona.

"Welcome to Barcelona." I smiled. "Please never road trip with me again." I turned to Lola. "Ever."

"This was the best car ride of your life." 

"This was the worst car ride of my life. And I almost died in a car crash." Lola stared at me. "That's right. I can make jokes about it. You can't." 

"I'm starting to like you." She glared at me. 

"The feeling is not mutual." I said getting out. 

"Jess!" I looked and saw. 

"Patri." I smiled. "Hey."

"You made it."

"The car ride from hell, but yes. I made it." She hugged me. "And we're doing that now."

"Sorry. Just happy to see you."

"Don't apologize. I'm just not used to getting hugs." I smiled. "But having you around I should get used to it huh?"

"Probably." She laughed. 

"Gross." Lola leaned against my car.

"Hey. Get your ass off my car, you ass."

She got off and walked toward me. "Your car is now worth more because of my ass." She walked past me.

"Keep telling yourself that!" I yelled.

"Oh! This is,"

"Leila Ouahabi at your service. Can I just say that now I get it." She looked at me.

"Get what?"

"Why Patri is so stuck on you. Girl, you are hot."  

"Leila." Patri sighed.

"What? I have eyes! Look at her! What color are your eyes? Green?"

"Kind of." 

"Shit. And this jawline! Come inside I have a watermelon you can cut."

"Are you done?" Patri asked.

"Oh, are you jealous?"

"No, but I'm annoyed."

"She's jealous," Leila whispered. "Carmen come with me! You and Lola are crashing! I hope you two are ok with sharing the couch!"

"I'm ok with it!" Lola yelled.

"I'm going to end up on the floor." Carmen smiled. "Hello." She hugged Patri. "You kids have fun now. I'll try to keep those two out of trouble."

"As long as they don't get any ideas from,"

"VIR!" They both yelled.

"Good luck." Patri smiled. Carmen went inside.

"I am not leaving my car with Lola." 

"Good thing I drove mine back home and then Leila drove me back here." 

"Lead the way, Ms. Guijarro." I smiled.

Patri's POV:

We got to my place and she looked around. "Nice." She smiled. 

"Make yourself at home." I went to the kitchen. "What do you want to do? We have a whole break."

"Honestly. Whatever you want to do is fine with me." She said. "Anything not football related."

"We agree on that." I laughed.

"It's not too dark. Want to go for a walk?" 

"Sure." 

We walked around and talked. It was nice. Being together and not having anyone interrupt us.

"Hey, cutie!" A guy yelled. "Come over here!"

"Ignore him." Jess put her arm around me. 

"I'm talking to you! Come over here!" He started walking toward us. 

"See that store over there?" She asked. I nodded. "When I tell you, you run there and you get help, ok?"

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine. Just please."

"Fine." 

She nodded and looked over her shoulder.

"I just wanna talk to you!" He sounded closer.

"Now. Run." She pushed me and I ran. 

"Come back!"

"Stay away from her!" I heard Jess.

I was almost there when I felt someone grab me. "No, you don't." He laughed. "You thought you could run? No one runs from us." 

"Jess!" I yelled. "Jess!" 

I saw her fight against the first guy. Then she ran after me. "Let go of her!" She grabbed him.

I watched her. The way she fought against him. All I could do was watch. 

"Run Patri!"