Space

June 2021

Patri's POV:

I wrapped my arms around Jess's waist and hugged her."Then we won't go." I said. "Honestly, road tripping with them sounds exhausting." Jess laughed. "They can go on their crazy adventure. You and I have our own things to do. Now what were you going to tell me up there? Before those 2 idiots and Carmen interrupted."

She smiled and looked at me. "I think I'm falling in love with you." 

I stepped back. "You? You're serious?" I smiled. "Why do you think that?"

"When I'm with you it feels like my heart is going to explode." She laughed. "And I know that's not a panic attack because all the times I feel like I might have one, you calm me down. You're my anchor. You love me no matter what. My past doesn't define anything, you don't treat me differently. You love me for me, scars and all. When I was in America, all I thought about was you. It took me this long to realize it was love because I've never been loved by anyone. I've never truly loved anyone. When I say I love you, I know I mean it because I do love you, Patri." She nodded. "I know I do."

I hugged her. "I love you." I smiled. 

"Hey lovebirds!" We looked to see Virginia standing near us. "Get a damn room."

Jess laughed. 

July 2021

Jessica's POV:

I was in London visiting my mom. "How's everything with Patri?" She asked.

"Uhh it's great." I smiled. "I told her I love her."

"And do you? Love her, I mean?"

I nodded. "I do."

She smiled. "She's a great young woman, Jess. From the short time I was with her, I could tell. All your friends, really. They all care for you deeply. Especially that Lola." She shook her head. "She tries to hide it but she loves you like a sister."

I laughed. "Yeah. She's like an older sister at this point. We always pick on each other but I know she has my back." I brought the plates to the table.

"Can you go get the boys for me?"

"Sure." I went up. "Lunchtime! Daniel." I knocked on his door. "Come eat, Tristan you too." 

Both doors opened and they looked at me. "Can we go to the field after?" Tristan looked up at me.

"Ask your mom."

"She's your mom too." Daniel said. "And you're over 18. You're an adult!"

"Don't remind me." I sighed. "Every day is worse and worse." We walked back downstairs to the dining room.

"Where's dad?" Daniel asked.

"He is working late tonight. It's just us for dinner so what do you want?"

Both boys shrugged.

"Can Jess take us to the field after?" Tristan asked. "Tryouts are soon."

"If it's ok with Jess, it's ok with me."

I nodded. "Don't rush though. You eat too quickly, you'll throw up." 

"Ok." 

Patri's POV:

I laid back and closed my eyes. "Where's Jess?" Leila asked.

"She's been in London visiting her mom." I smiled.

"That's cute. Why didn't you go?"

"We've spent every second together since our birthdays. Space is important."

I heard Leila sit up and I opened my eyes. "Who are you and what have you done with Patri?"

"She was always like this." Virginia laughed. "She finally met the right girl." She said. "No offense Carla."

"I'm not offended." Carla laughed. "We're all mature. Patri and I are still friends and I can't wait to meet Jess." 

"I think you'll like her." Leila said. "She's awesome."

"Aw Leila. Do you like my girlfriend?" I smirked.

"Yeah, I like her. Kind hard to not like her. I tried to hate her but, man. She just really gets at you doesn't she?" 

"She came into our lives and went right through our hearts." Lola said.

"Please don't do it." Carmen whispered.

"Like she went through the windshield." She smiled. "I had to."

"You really didn't."

"She just texted me." I looked at my phone. "Ha. Of course." I looked at them. "She wrote, and I quote. Fuck you, Lola. I didn't go through the windshield pick a new joke." I smiled. 

"How!" Lola yelled.

"Because I'm behind you." Jess walked over to me and sat next to me. "You asshole."

I rested my head on her shoulder. "When did you get back?"

"Not too long ago." She smiled. "Alexia picked me up."

I looked at Alexia. She was playing with her car keys. "We had a good bonding experience during the drive." She smiled. 

We hung out and I watched Jess walk over to Carla.

"Should we be prepared for a fight?" Leila asked.

"No, but I'm ready anyway." Mapi said. 

"You two are idiots." Virginia crossed her arms. "You got me?" She looked at Lola.

"Always."

Jessica's POV:

"You must be Carla." I walked up to her. 

"I am. You're Jess." She smiled. "It's nice to finally meet you. I don't want things to be awkward."

"It's not." I said. "I actually wanted to thank you. For being there for her. I told her that if she found someone while I was gone, to go for it. I'm happy she did because you seem great."

"She tried to hide it but I knew that the whole time I was with her, all she wanted was you." I looked down. "I'm always going to be there for her. I hope that's ok with you."

"It's more than ok." I said. "I'm happy she has people who look out for her."

I walked back to Patri and sat down. "Well?"

"She's pretty cool." I smiled. I put my hand on her cheek. "I love you."

She laughed and took my hand. "I love you too."