My Girl

Who plays PlayStation or Xbox?

Send me your gamertags. I don't currently have a PlayStation but I have an Xbox.

Need more people to join the Cold War squad. Or just join the party.

Work also still sucks but I have made no progress in the job hunt. Gonna be stuck here for a little while longer. 

July 2023

Patri's POV:

I landed in Australia and looked around. 

"If I see an American I will actually trip them this time." Virginia crossed her arms.

"It's good to have you back, Vir." I smiled. 

She put her arm around my shoulders. "How's Jess?"

"Good."

"Is she coming to the tournament?" 

"Yeah, she'll be here in 3 days. She had an interview with a club for a job."

"Which club?"

"I don't know."

"She's not coming back to Madrid?" Carmen pouted.

"I don't think so." Lola sighed. "But if she's happy then we should be too."

"So you guys have talked?" Leila asked. "Is everything right in the world now?" 

I looked at Mapi and felt the ring hanging around my neck. "Everything's right in the world."

Jessica's POV:

I got in my car and smiled. "Back on track." I looked at my phone. 

Therapy

I started the car and drove to my appointment. 

"Hey, Jess." My therapist smiled. "So, how is everything?" 

"Good." I said. "Honestly I feel good."

"The headaches?"

"Still come but not like before. My doctor does know, he said if they get worse to go see him."

"Any panic attacks recently?"

"No." I shook my head. "I've been taking the medication and being around Patri again just reset everything. All of the pieces are back in place. I'm not depending on her, but having her back in my life just makes everything right."

"That's good. Now let's get serious here. Have you spoken to your mother?"

"Not since my birthday." I said. "She's called, I've ignored them."

"Why?"

"I have everything back on track. Patri and I are in a good place right now, a great place even." I smiled. "My friends feel like MY friends, I had an interview this morning and I feel confident about it. Talking to my mother would just push me backward. Especially because I know she wants to talk about him."

"Your father?"

"So he claims." I crossed my arms. "He left. I don't need to hear him explain why. He was young, yeah I get that. But my mother made sure I would be taken care of before abandoning me. At least she thought I would be."

"You forgave her?"

"I guess I did."

"Why not forgive him?"

"Because he was in Madrid the whole time, knew who I was, and never reached out. But now that I'm doing alright for myself he wants to show up? No thanks."