What She Has

March 2020

Patri's POV:

"Get me back home." I said walking through the airport. 

"Back home to chaos." Mapi said. 

"It's chaos everywhere. But I don't want to get trapped in this country. I was fine until I landed in America." I shook my head.

"Oh yeah. Lola told me, you're hearing voices." She smirked.

"It's not funny."

"It's a little funny."

"Keep laughing. I'll slap that tattoo right off your neck."

"Ok! Baby Patri clearly needs her nap!" Virginia put her hands on my shoulders and led me away. "No violence. Or else Jess will have to put in protective custody because of you."

"That's not funny." 

"I know but," She shrugged. "I'm an idiot. What did you expect?"

I shook my head. "I don't know anymore. I just want everyone to leave me alone. About Carla, about Jess. Everything."

"On it." She smiled. "Plane buddies?"

"Always." I laughed. 

Jessica's POV:

"When can I go home?"

"Soon."

"No. No more soon or I'll call you. I need answers! You said 3 months! It's been 3 months."

"I know. And I'm waiting for some information on Javier's family. It goes deeper than his cousin, Jess. You just have to trust me on this."

"She was here. She almost saw me because of," I looked around. "this family. This girl is going to get me killed." I whispered. "Yelling for Patri even after I said I wasn't comfortable. I need to get back to Spain. I can't stay here anymore. I don't care if I have to stay locked in a safe house somewhere. Just get me out of this country." 

He sighed. "I'll see what I can do. I will call you tomorrow, Jess. Please just trust me."

He said bye and hung up and I looked out the window. "I just want to leave." I sighed.

Patri's POV:

After another long travel day, we landed back in Madrid. It was good to be home, well, kind of. Not actually but almost. 

"Till next time." Virginia hugged me. "Text me when you get home. Just so I know."

"I will." I laughed. "Thanks for having my back."

She put her hand on top of my head. "Always." She smiled. "I always got your back. You, me and Mariona. You know this." 

"I do." I nodded. "I'll talk to you later." I got my bags.

"See you Patri."

We all headed back to rejoin our clubs. We got back to Barcelona and I went home.

I texted Vir and then texted Carla too. 

As I sat on my bed I thought about the game.

"She's still getting used to this country. She's been here a few months now, but the poor thing just misses her home."

Rosa.

"Where's she from?"

Jess.

"Spain." 

All of it.

Jessica's POV:

I wake up to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answered.