Time Waster

Y'ALL I FUCKING MET JENNI HERMOSO LAST NIGHT!!!! AND LEILA WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! LOLA WAS SO CLOSE TOO I ALMOST MET HER!!! Also, I'm never fucking going to New Jersey again that was a shit show!!! BUT I SAW ALL MY SPANISH CUTIES (except Nahikari and Carmen) AND IT WAS SO FUN!! Today was a weird day because I got home at 2 this morning so I'll update everything else tomorrow! This is the only update for today because I started writing it while I was in my hotel room in New Jersey.

Patri's POV:

"Fuck it." I whispered. "I'm gonna kiss you now."

Jess stared at me. "Patri." She whispered.

"Can I kiss you?"

She nodded.

I put my hand on her cheek and slowly leaned in.

Then a phone rang.

Jess smirked. "Of course." I walked back and stood in front of her. "It's my phone." She grabbed it. "And it's work." She sighed. "I have to take this."

"Yeah. You do." I put my hands in my pockets. "I'm just gonna." I backed to the door. "Good night." I walked out and shut the door, leaning my head against it. "Damn it." I mumbled and walked away.

Jessica's POV:

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Jess. We're going to need you to come in a week early. Toni Duggan joined the club."

"Alright, that's fine." I nodded. "Anything else?"

"Yes actually. Jenni isn't returning for next season. The news isn't out yet but we have been informed."

I sighed. "Really? That's tough. I'll be there in a few weeks, hopefully, we'll be alright." I said bye and hung up. 

I went to bed and woke up the next morning. "Everything alright with work?" Patri asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Just have to go in a week early now." I smiled. 

"Aw." 

"We still have time." I laughed. "Are we going to talk about last night?" I sat at the table.

"What about it?"

"I believe you were about to kiss me before my phone rang." I smirked.

"You do?" I nodded. "I don't recall." She looked away. 

I looked down. "Ok then."

"I'm kidding." She laughed and turned to me. "I still do." She crossed her arms. "Want to kiss you. But," She walked toward me. "I think I'm going to wait a little long."

"Don't wait too long." I got up. "Don't want to miss the chance." 

Patri's POV:

Jess went back to Madrid and I stayed with my family for a little while longer. When it was time to head back to Barcelona, I felt rested and ready. 

We also found out that Jenni was back. "Are you happy?" I looked at Alexia.

"Don't make me hate you."

"It's just us here!" I laughed. "You know I keep whatever you tell me between us." 

"I do know." She sighed. "And I'm really happy. Not just because Jenni's back but because this is huge for the team."

"I know." I smiled. "I'm excited. I have a good feeling about this year." 

"Speaking of feeling good. How was your vacation?" She smiled. "With Jess."

"It was good." I nodded. "Nice to have a break, I'm ready to go."

"And how's Jess?"

"Jess is good." I looked down. 

"What happened? You have your "something happened but I'm not talking about it" look." 

I looked at her. "Nothing happened." She titled her head. "Fine." I sighed. "I kind of walked in on her changing."

"Aw, baby Patri finally saw a boob." Leila sat with us. 

Alexia shook her head. "Can you not be Leila for like once?"

"Fine." Leila smirked. "I'll be Virginia."

"Please god no." Alexia whispered.

"ANYWAY!" I yelled. "I saw the scars." 

"Scars? As in more than one?" Leila asked. I nodded. "I thought she got stabbed?"

"Yeah. But there was more. From her childhood and the crash of course. That guy she was with." I looked down. "Anyway, I walked in and then left fast. She said I could come in and we talked about it then I," I shook my head. "I took her shirt off to look at them. She told me about a few. I knew she's been through a lot but seeing what it all left behind."

"She's a tough one." Alexia said.

"The toughest. No offense Alexia."

"Not offended." She said. "To get through what she's been through. Takes a level of strength I don't think I could reach." 

"You've reached your own level." Leila smiled.

"I just stared at them." I continued. "And then something just hit me. I came so quick to losing her that day. When she was stabbed. I don't want to waste any more time, so I said that I was going to kiss her."

"Baby Patri making moves!"

"As I got closer her phone rang." Alexia laughed. "And that was the end of it."

"No." Leila shook her head. "I will not allow that. My ship needs to sail!"

"Here she goes." Alexia mumbled.

"You get your ass to Madrid and you kiss this girl! Understand?!"

"I'm not going to randomly show up and kiss her! Who does that?"

"Jenni." Alexia said without thinking. Leila's mouth fell open and Alexia realized. "Oh shit."

"Oh! My! God! YES!" Leila jumped up. 

"Tell no one."

"I have to tell everyone one!"

"I will kill you!"

"It will be worth it!" Leila ran off. "MAPI!!! MAPI!!!!! WHERE'S THE BLONDE NECK TATTOOED LESBIAN!" 

"I hate to admit it, but Leila's right." Alexia grabbed her chest. "That hurt so much." I laughed. "Go to Madrid. Talk to her, tell her how you feel and then kiss her. You said it yourself, Patri. You don't want to waste any more time."

Jessica's POV:

Preseason was underway! My 2nd year with Atleti. It sucked losing Jenni, but we did get Virginia Torrecilla.

She seems like a handful so I know I'm in for it. 

"Take it easy tomorrow." I said. "Days off are important but nothing too crazy. I'm looking at your specifically Vir." I pointed at her. "We'll get back into it after that, business as usual. Big expectations this season. Alright, enjoy the rest of the day and tomorrow." 

I was in my office finishing everything up when there was a knock. "Come in." I said. I looked. "What's up Virginia?"

"I got a text from Alexia that said get Jess to go outside so. Hey Jess, go outside." I stared at her. "I'm not trying to prank you, look." She showed me her phone.

Get Jess to go outside

"Fine." I got up and followed her outside. Alexia was standing there. "Something wrong?" I asked her. She tapped on the window of the car. Patri got out and walked toward me. "Patri?"

She said something and grabbed my face. "I'm not wasting any more time."

"Then don't." I said.

Then she finally kissed me.