Answers

Jessica's POV:

"It's always you." Patri whispered and looked down. She looked back up to my eyes. "Fuck it." She smirked. "I'm gonna kiss you now."

"If you kiss me I'll never talk to you again." I said. 

She backed away. "What?"

"You have a girlfriend. A girlfriend who seems like a very sweet girl and I'm not going to be the reason you hurt her." Patri sighed and nodded. "You need to go. I have to finish my work and so do you." 

She looked up at me. "So that's it then?"

"It was over the minute I got on that plane." 

"You told me. You said if I found someone that I should go for it!"

"But I thought you'd still wait for me!" 

"I wanted to! But I thought you wanted this!"

"Why would I want to watch you be with someone else when all I want is for you to be with me?" I looked at the ceiling. "We were doomed from the start." I shook my head and looked at her. "From the minute we met. Now I know." I nodded. "Everyone was right."

"What are you talking about?" 

"When all your teammates told you to stay away from me. Angela, Lola, Alexia? When they told you to stay away from me, you should've listened. I'm not good for you, Patri. People like me? All we do is hurt those around us. And when we think we're finally happy, we remember where we come from. Our past starts to become our present again. You need to stay away from me, Patri. I mean it." I grabbed my stuff and walked out of my office. 

December 2020

Patri's POV:

"The number you are trying to reach is no longer in service." I sighed and put my phone down. I got in my car and started to drive.

Before I knew it, I was in Madrid. At Atleti's facility. 

"Patri what are you doing here?" Lola said. 

"Take me to her office." 

Lola sighed and led me into. I stood in front of the door. "Patri before you," I knocked on it. "do that." Lola looked down.

"Come in!" A voice said. I opened the door. "Can I help you?"

"Who are you?"

"Patri we have a new trainer." Lola sighed. "When we got back from the international break, all her stuff was gone." 

"No." I walked out of the office and back to my car. 

"Patri." Lola ran after me. "Stop!" 

I turned to her. "Where is she?"

"I don't know." She sighed. "Come back to our apartment."

"No."

"There's something you need to see." She got in her car. I got in mine and followed her. I went up to her apartment, Carmen was there. She recently got injured and hasn't even trained with the team. "After we saw the office, we came back here. She moved in across the hall when she came back. We knocked on the door, no answer. Then we noticed this taped to our door." She showed me the envelope. "The note said, here's a key. I don't know when I'll be back if I'll be back. There's stuff in my apartment. Stuff for other people." Lola handed me the key. "There's some stuff for you." 

I walked across the hall and unlocked the door. It wasn't empty, but she was gone. There were a few boxes. Inside were things with names on them. 

I found the stuff that had my name on it, including a letter. "She leaves me again and all I get is a letter." I turned to them. I threw it back in the box. "I don't care. Whatever she has to say, she can keep it. I'm done." I stood there. 

"She's just gone." Carmen looked around. "Just like that."

"Yeah." I shook my head.

"This doesn't make sense." Lola crossed her arms. 

"Look around." I stood up. "It makes perfect sense, Lola! She's a runner. She's a coward just like Leila said! She gets close to people, and then leaves!" I scoffed. "I should've listened to you. When you told me to stay away from her I should've listened to you. But no," I turned to Carmen. "I listened to you!"

"Patri calm down." Carmen said.

"No. Screw you Carmen. This is all your fault! You told me to chase my feelings! Talk to her! You have a crush on her just talk to her! LOOK AT WHERE WE ARE!"

"Patri you need to step back." Lola stood in front of Carmen. "Don't speak to her that way."

I shook my head. "I'm done here. Do what you want with that, but I want nothing to do with it. Jess made her choice and I made mine. I've got to back to Barcelona. I'm supposed to meet my girlfriend tonight." 

Jessica's POV:

Dear Patri

I walked down the street with my hood on. "Watch where you're going." Someone bumped into me. 

I know you're going to be upset that I left again. That's why I wrote you this. Everyone who's going to be upset got one. I'm not running from anything anymore. Running from my past made me realize something. There's always been a part of me missing.

I kept walking and stopped in front of a building. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. Then I waited. 

When I told you that I looked up my parents. That they were nothing. It stayed with me. Because even though they're nothing, they're still my parents. 

I put my hands in my pockets and looked around. I heard the door open and looked up.

It's time to stop running from my past. Javier, my adoptive parents, it's time to put all of that behind me. Move on. Focus on the future. But before I can do that, I need to do something. I hope you'll understand. I found where my birth mother lives. 

"Can I help you?" A woman asked.

I need to meet her. I need answers.

"Yes. My name is Jessica Torres? I'm your daughter."