Been There

Fun drinking game!

Take a shot every time I have a shitty day at work because my managers treat me like SHIT!

Dude fucking yelled at me in the middle of the store, while there was a line of customers. 

AND HE WAS WRONG BUT WAS TOO PRIDEFUL TO ADMIT IT!!!

I hate this place....

Anyway!

Happy Jess and Patri incoming!!!!

Enjoy!

July 2024

Jessica's POV:

After dinner, we just walked around. The box was burning a hole in my pocket.

I heard Carmen's voice in my head.

"When it's the right moment, you'll know."

I smiled and looked at Patri. "Hey." She turned to me. "Can we sit for a minute?"

"Sure. You ok?" We sat down on a bench.

"Yeah, I just wanna sit." I smiled. "I brought you here for a reason." I looked around.

"Babe," She grabbed my hand. "This is where you got stabbed."

"Where I got stabbed protecting you." I said. "That day I realized something."

"You're tough enough to survive a windshield, not a knife?"

"You're not allowed to hang out with Lola anymore." I said. She laughed. "No, that day I realized that a life without you isn't a life I want to live. We've had our bumps, but they made me love you more and more. I didn't know what it felt like to be loved. Or how to love. But you showed me. You've seen me at my worst and never ran from it. You've loved me and my scars. Mental and physical. I've learned so much about myself and life from you. You inspire me to be better than the day before. You, Patri Guijarro are my anchor. We wear these to show the promise we made." I pulled the ring out from under my shirt. "That one day, we'd get engaged and married. Patri, I'm ready for that. I'm ready for all that the future has in store for me, for us. Marriage, a home together, mini Patri's," She laughed. "All of it." I stood up and got down on one knee. I reached into the pocket. "Patricia Guijarro," I opened the box. "Will you marry me?" 

She smiled. "Well, this is going to be awkward." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a box. "Should I say my whole speech too or?"

I laughed. "Answer my question first."

"I'm literally sitting here with an engagement ring. You think my answer is going to be no?"

"I want to hear you say it, Patri."

She smiled. "Yes, I will marry you, Jess." 

I smiled and put the ring on her finger. "Was that so difficult." I laughed and kissed her. "Now, give me your whole speech." I sat back on the bench.

"Oh man." She laughed. "Where do I begin." She shook her head. "Jess,"

"No." I cut her off.

"Come on!" I laughed. "Talking to people is never a problem. I love meeting new people. Ask any of my friends, they'll tell you." She smiled. "But that day in 2018. You walk in and I just froze. It's like the world stopped spinning, time froze and there was no one in that room but you and me. I tried to speak but you made me speechless." She shook her head. "As corny as it sounds, you literally left me speechless, Jess. Awkward Patri quickly changed to confident Patri. Now it's in love Patri. I've had my moments. I've learned so much about myself, from you. Everyone talks about how I changed your life, but you changed mine so much. I never saw myself buying an engagement ring, or promising my future to someone. But here I am. I wasn't always the best girlfriend, but if you give me the chance, I'd like to be the best wife." She opened the box. "Jessica Torres Rodriguez, will you marry me?"

"No." I said.

"What! Jess!" I laughed. "I hate you." She sighed.

"Well now I'm DEFINATELY not marrying you." I smirked. "I'm kidding. I will marry you, Patri." We sat there and I stared at the rings. "So next time you guys decide to Google me instead of asking me questions, it will say engaged to Patri Guijarro." I smiled. 

"I was not part of that." She said.

"I know. I just like bringing it up because Carmen still panics." I smiled.

August 2024

Patri's POV:

Today we'd be telling our friends about the engagement. 

Lola, Carmen, Laia and Virginia came from Madrid. Ona came from Manchester. Everyone who wasn't in Barcelona came for this gathering Jess and I were throwing. 

"Why are we here?" Lola asked.

"I can't see my friends?" Jess smiled. 

"The seasons about to start. We aren't friends." Lola leaned back.

"I'm just the trainer, Lola."

"Traitor."

"Why are we here!" Mapi groaned. 

"Fine!" I stood up. "You're all annoying. Jess and I have news."

"Ohhhh." Jenni sat up. "What?"

"Tell them babe!" Jess threw her hands up.

"Why me?"

"I don't feel like standing up." She smiled. 

"You're lucky I love you."

"Me loving you is the whole reason we're here." She winked. Carmen gasped and jumped next to Jess. "Hi." Jess laughed. 

"Tell us!" Carmen glared.

"We're engaged!" 

"FINALLY!" Mapi yelled as Leila tackled Patri.

Jessica's POV:

I laughed as everyone tackled Patri. I got up and walked to Lola.

"I'm happy for you." She smiled.

"Thanks." I laughed. "So I'm going to ask you something and you just need to let me ask."

"Maid of honor?"

"Actually," I took a deep breathe. "I don't have any family. No mom or dad to walk me down the aisle." I sighed. "And I was thinking, you've been like family to me." I looked at her. "Like an annoying older sister. We've fought but you've been there for me so much. I couldn't think of anyone better to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day."

"Carmen threatened you for maid of honor didn't she?" She smirked.

"You know she did." I laughed. "But what do you say?"

"I say, it'd be my honor." She hugged me. "You've come a long way, Jess." She stepped back and looked at me. "I'm proud of you." 

I smiled. "Thanks, Lola."

"To Patri and Jess!" Jenni cheered. "Welcome to the family, officially."

"We will now begin the hazing period." Virginia winked.

"Ohhh! Let's throw her through a windshield!" Lola pushed me.

I rolled my eyes. "Been there. Done that."