Other Couples

Life sucks.

People suck.

Work sucks.

I hate everything.

Enjoy this update I wrote.

January 2024

Jessica's POV:

I sat in my office as the team finished practice. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I turned around. "What can I do for you, Leila?"

"I'm feeling it." She sighed and sat down.

"Feeling what?" I smiled and rolled over.

"My age." She shook her head. "I'm basically dead at this point."

"30 isn't dead." 

"How are you so sure?"

"Because if that was true, I'd be on my way out in 2 years." I smiled. "Is that why you're here to see me? Complain about being 30?"

"That and my hamstring." She laid back.

"Still bothering you?"

"Yeah. Hasn't improved."

"Has it gotten worse?"

"The more training I do."

"Alright, so I'm gonna send you in to get it looked at. See what we're dealing with. If there are any tears. Once we know what we're looking at, we'll start treating it. Sound like a plan?"

"Sure. Can you come with me?"

"Scared of the doctor?"

"No." She said. "So I can get to work as soon as possible." 

"If you need me there, I'm there. For now, I'm just gonna ice it. Ok?"

"Ok." I wrapped her up in ice and sat back down. "Hey um," I turned to her. "I heard about what happened with your parents. I asked Patri how your trip was." 

I shrugged. "I'm fine with it. I went this long without parents. I'll be ok." I smiled and turned back to my work. "Only thing that sucks is losing my brothers." I said quietly. "Finally have siblings and they're gone."

She laughed. "If I'm being honest here, brothers suck." She said. "But sisters are the best. And you got a bunch of those now." I turned to her. "Like me! So how's Patri?" She smirked.

"You're the pain in the ass sister that's nearing her deathbed." 

She stopped smiling. "Fuck you."

February 2024

Patri's POV:

"When are you two getting married?" Alexia asked.

I looked at her. "After you and Jenni." 

"How do you know we're not already?" 

I stopped walking. "You don't even acknowledge the fact that you two are together. You want me to believe you could be secretly married? "Any objections on why these two should not be together?" Who said we were together? I don't know who this is? Who's Jenni?" 

She laughed. "You know we are though."

"Why don't you just tell everyone though." She shrugged. 

"So when are you two getting married?" She repeated.

"I don't know." I said. "I like how things are. She knows what I want. I know what she wants. We're content."

"You're cute." She smiled. "How's she handling the whole family thing?"