Bodyguard

Patri's POV:

"Happy birthday to you!" Jess blew out her candles. 

"Yay, you're old!" Lola clapped.

"You're older than me." Jess said.

"Who looks better?"

"Jess." Vir crossed her arms.

"Thanks." Lola scoffed. 

Jess laughed. We sat and ate the cake. "Patri." Her mom walked over. "Can I talk to you?"

"Of course." I got up and looked at Jess. She shrugged. I stood with her mom. "What's going on?"

"I just want to get to know my daughter's girlfriend." She smiled. "I haven't been in her life long, but from the time I've been around, all she's talked about is you." I laughed. "She really cares for you."

"I care for her." I said. "When we met, she was my trainer. She was just trying to do her job, and I was trying to do mine. But I couldn't help but feel something for her. Obviously, I was raised right and I wanted to be respectful. She trusted me enough to open up and tell me things. Things she didn't tell anyone. I feel for her, the way she is as a person, her heart." I looked down. "She went to Barcelona to see me. We were walking and these guys started talking to us. She told me to run, one of the guys chased me. She fought him off and again, told me to run and get help. Help came but I couldn't find her, I started to panic. Then I found her, sitting against a wall, bleeding. She saved my life. All the moments we've had together, good and bad. They made me fall more and more. Even when I didn't know where she was, I still knew that girl I chased after in Dallas was her." I looked at Jess. "My heart told me."

"You love her." Her mom said.

I nodded. "I do. Very much."

"Good." She smiled. "I haven't known her long, but she's still my child. Every day after I left her with that neighbor, I just hoped and prayed she was happy. I see her with you, with these friends of hers. I know she is. And I know it wasn't always like that, I know things weren't what I hoped they'd be for her. But she's strong, and she's a fighter."

"She's the strongest person I know." I smiled. 

"Will you be joining us for the game tomorrow?"

"No." I laughed. "As much as I'd love to spend more time with everyone, I have to get back to Barcelona." We walked back over to everyone else. I sat with Jess. 

Jessica's POV:

Patri sat on the couch while I sat bye to my mom and everyone. They went to the hotel and I looked at Patri. "You're quiet." I sat with her.

"Hmm?" She looked at me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She smiled. "Long day. Too much cake."

"Patri." I titled my head. 

She sighed. "I was kind of looking forward to spending the day with my girlfriend. The day that happens to be her birthday. I'm happy I got to meet your mom, I just wanted to spend the day with you."

I smiled. "The day isn't over yet and it's just you and me." I put my head on her shoulder. "What did you have in mind?"

"I just wanted to sit with you and talk."

"SHE'S LYING!"

"Shut up, Vir! Wait what?" Patri looked around.

I laughed. "Vir go home!"

"No!" 

I shook my head and got up. "Want to go for a ride?" I said picking up my car keys.

"Sure." Patri smiled.

"Yeah, she does!" Virginia yelled. 

"Goodnight, Vir!" I yelled. I shut the door and we left. 

Patri's POV:

We sat on a bench. We went and got ice cream. Then we sat. 

"What did my mom say to you?" She asked.

I smiled. "She was just asking if I was going to the game. I told her I'd never willingly go and support either of the Madrid teams." I smirked.

Jess laughed. "I know how much that would pain you." I laughed. "Next is your birthday." 

"It is."

"The season will be over by then, just the Champions League." I nodded. "What if we went somewhere. Just the two of us? No Virginia yelling from wherever she was, no Lola walking in unannounced."

"Lock the doors." I said.

"She learned to pick locks." 

"Ahh." I nodded. "We can go anywhere you want." I said. "I don't care as long as I get to spend at much time as possible with you." 

"We'll pick a place." She said. We walked back to the car and drove to her apartment. "You sure you don't want to come to the game tomorrow?" She said. "Lola and Carmen are coming, Vir is too. Think Laia might be there."

"So basically all of Atleti." I said.

"Pretty much." I smiled. "It's an early game." She said.

"I'm sensing that you really want me there?"

"I want to spend at much time with my girlfriend as I can get." She smiled. 

"Fine." I said. "When you put it that way, I'll go." I laughed. "but I'm not wearing any Atleti colors. Or Real. You know what? I'm going to wear my Barca jacket."

"Do you want to get jumped?"

"I have my badass girlfriend to protect me. Remember? The one who got stabbed for me?" 

"So I'm your bodyguard and not your girlfriend?" She smirked.

"Or you're both." She laughed. "You're by my side either way. Bodyguard or girlfriend." 

"I always will be."