Road Trip

Jessica's POV:

I set up in my office for the day. As much as I wanted to avoid her, I knew Carmen would be coming in.

The knock on my door told me she was here.

"Come in." I said. She walked in. "Sit."

"Can I just apologize first." She sat down. I got the tape ready. 

"Which knee is it?"

"Right. Jessica, I'm sorry. What we did was stupid."

"Then why'd you do it." I looked at her. "If you knew it was stupid."

"We just want to know about you."

"Could've asked." I sighed. 

"You don't tell us anything."

"Cause some stuff I don't like sharing." I taped up her knee. "Some stuff I'm not ready to talk about, I might not EVER be ready to talk about. If you asked me, I could've told you that. Maybe you would've respected it a little more."

"I'm sorry. Can we move past this?" I finished my job. 

"I'll have to Google and find out." I walked away. "You're all set." 

I heard her leave and looked at the ceiling.

"Get in the car, Jess!"

"No. I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"Get in the car! I'm not asking again."

I closed my eyes. 

"Get in the fucking car!" 

My office door opening snapped me out of it. "Did I interrupt something?" Laia asked.

"No. No, it's fine. Come in." I smiled. 

Patri's POV:

"Stop bouncing your leg." Alexia said.

"I can't help it. I'm nervous."

"About?"

"Nothing."

"Patri." She looked at me. "Nervous about what? Come on. It's me."

I sighed. I told her about what happened with Jessica. What Lola and Leila did. 

"Are you upset because you do like her?"

"I mean I like her yeah, she's really cool. But like her in that way? I haven't been around her enough. When we were at the World Cup I only saw her for short periods of time." 

She smiled. "We have a few days off before the start of the season. I was going to go to Madrid."

"Why?" I smirked.

"None of your business." I laughed. "If you want, you can tag along."

"Really?" She nodded. "That's Alexia!" 

"Don't mention it." She smiled. "If anyone asks, seriously though, don't mention it. As far as they're concerned we aren't going to Madrid."

"Your secret is safe with me." I saluted.

"And yours with me." She patted my shoulder. "I will see you tomorrow morning. Don't make me wait too long."

"I won't."

The next morning I was outside as Alexia pulled up. "Ready?" She asked when I got in the car.

"Yep. Thanks for letting me come, Alexia." I said as she started driving. 

"No problem." She smiled. We continued driving in silence. "And I know you're going to ask." I looked at her. "So yes, I'm going to see Jenni."

"Ok." I smiled. 

"That's it? You're not going to ask any more questions?"

"I know you're private about this so I wanted to be respectful."

"Sweet little baby Patri." She smiled. "This is why you're my favorite." I laughed. "So tell me more about Jessica."

"Why don't you just google her like Lola and Leila did." I sighed.

"Because I'm not like them. And you like this girl, I wanna know why. Think of me as your big sister just looking out." She smiled.

"Um. I don't know honestly. She walked into that room before the World Cup and I thought she was the most beautiful person I've ever seen." I smiled. "She's closed off, but I did get her to open up a little bit." I looked down. "I don't know I just have a feeling." I looked at her. 

"What are you going to say if you see her?"

"I'm going to apologize again for what Lola and Leila did." I nodded. "Because she didn't deserve that. She deserved to share it when she was ready. And if she was never ready, then oh well."

We continued to drive until we arrived in Madrid. We got to Jenni's and Alexia parked. "Wanna see Jenni?" She smiled.

"Sure why not. I don't know where I'm going anyway." I laughed and we got out. Jenni opened the door.

"My beauti-" She saw me. "ful friend Patri!"

"It's ok." Alexia said. "She knows. It's fine."

"Really?" Alexia nodded. "Ok then. Hi." Jenni kissed Alexia and looked at me. "Good to see you Patri." She hugged me. "What are you doing in Madrid?"

"You're new trainer." Alexia said.

"Jessica?" Jenni asked. We nodded. "What about her?"

"Patri likes her but Lola and Leila kind of messed up." 

"Oh yeah, I heard about that. Jess has been tougher on Lola and Carmen in training. Lola more though. I asked Carmen what was going on she told me. Pretty messed up. I don't really talk to her that much. Just when we're training."

"I talk to her on Instagram but she hasn't answered me." I said.

"Let me ask Angela." Jenni said. "Apparently they played at Sevilla together when Jess first joined." She grabbed her phone and we waited. "Yep. Angela said Jess might be at the training facility today."

"Working on a day off?"

"There are no days off for her." Jenni said. "She's always working."

"Might if I take the car?"

"Not at all." Alexia smiled.

"One quick question, Patri." Jenni said. "How do you, a Barca player plan on getting into the Atletico Madrid training facility?" 

"With the help of my great friend Jenni Hermoso?"

"Good answer." She looked at Alexia. "Road trip?"

"You're driving." She tossed me the keys. 

I laughed. "Let's go kids!" I ran out to the car.