Threaten

August 2021

Patri's POV:

"I wasn't a person anymore." Jess said. "I was a piece of property."

"So why were you sitting in your car for 20 minutes?" Lola asked.

"I went up to my apartment, saw someone waiting at my door. It was her."

I muted my audio. "Jenni." She looked. "Permission to drag you into my shit."

She smirked. "Permission granted."

Jessica's POV:

"What's she doing here?" Lola asked.

"I don't know." I looked around. "I don't know how she found me. How would she know where I live now?"

Lola looked toward the building. "We're going in. Stay behind me." I nodded. "What will she do if she sees you?"

"Since I won't be alone she'll probably be friendly."

Lola nodded. "Then I'm not letting you out of my sight." She put her arm around me. "You either, Carmen." Carmen stood on my right. "Let's go."

We walked into the building and headed to our apartments. We got closer and I saw her waiting at my door. She turned when she heard us. "Jess!" She smiled. "Small world, huh?"

"How'd you find me?"

"You act like I lost you." She smirked. She looked at Lola and Carmen. "You got bodyguards now?"

"They're my friends." I said. I felt Lola's grip on my shoulder tighten.

"Aw Jess. That's cute." She laughed. "Can I have a minute with Jess, please." She said.

"No." Lola walked in front of me. "You need to leave. Now."

"I know you." She pointed in Lola's face. "Lola Gallardo, right? Goalkeeper for Atleti. Hmm, how would the news react to this? Atleti captain, Lola Gallardo threatened me."

I sighed and looked at Carmen. "Go into your apartment. Call Virginia." I whispered. "I'll handle this." She nodded and walked inside. "Lola." I grabbed her arm. "Go inside." She turned to me. "Do you trust me?"

"Not one bit." She said. I patted her arm and she went inside.

"What do you want, Erica?" I sighed.

"To bring you home, Jess. You don't belong here."

"You broke up with me, remember? I was too young for you."

"Maybe I was wrong." She walked toward me. "Come back with me. Come on. What do you have here that's so important?"

"Friends. My job."

"Lola? I didn't like the way she was holding your arm."

"I don't care what you like." I shrugged.

She got closer to me. "Same Jess. You'll never change. No respect. You're coming back with me. I mean it. Go pack your shit, get in the fucking car, and let's go."

"No."

"You don't have a choice here, Jess."

"She has a choice." I turned around. "Jess go." Virginia stood there.

"Who the hell are you."

Lola came back out and grabbed me. "Go inside."

Patri's POV:

"How much longer?" I asked.

"Not much." Jenni said. We were in Madrid already playing Real for a preseason match.

We got to their apartment and I ran right in. "Patri!" Jenni ran after me.

"She has a choice. Jess go." I heard Virginia.

"Who the hell are you."

"Go inside." Lola said.

I sat Lola and Virginia standing there and ran right to her. "Stay away from me girlfriend!" I punched her in the face. I grabbed my hand and leaned over. "I didn't think this through."

The door opened and Jess stood in front of me. She put her hands on my face. "What did you do?"

"I punched her."

"And you hurt yourself."

"Yeah, I didn't think of all the outcomes. I just wanted to punch her." Jess stood up and looked at her.

"You need to leave." Jess said. "Right now."

"Still having other people fight your battles for you." The girl wiped the blood off her lip.

Jenni finally arrived. "Patri don- oh shit did you hit her?" I nodded. "Nice." Jenni laughed.

"I can fight my own battles. I just have people who stand by my side now."

"How long do you think that will last? They won't accept you like I did. They won't take care of you like I did."

"I don't need to be taken care of. I'm not a child, Erica. I can take care of myself. Patri is my girlfriend and I'm hers. She doesn't control me. She loves me, and I love her. You told me I was too young and you LEFT me. You don't get to come here and tell me what to do. Not anymore. Now leave before I make you leave."

She started to walk towards Jess. Lola stood in front of her. "Erica? Is that your name? I don't care. Listen to me carefully. This woman right here? She's dating a VERY good friend of mine. She's my coworker. And yes, I tease her and give her a hard time, but she's like family to me now. So if she wants you to leave, then you can either leave yourself, or I will drag your ass out of here. Tell the news if you want, you threaten my friends, I'll threaten you right back."

Erica scoffed and left. "You ok?" Virginia looked at me.

"My hand hurts." I looked at Jess.

"Family?" She smirked.

"You know, you're a pain in my ass, but I like having you around."

Jess smiled and hugged Lola. Lola was shocked at first but then hugged her back.

"Yay great. We're all friends. Can I get some ICE FOR MY HAND!" I yelled.

"Come on." Jenni dragged me into Lola and Carmen's apartment.

Jess held the ice to my hand. "I like protective Patri."

"You're my girlfriend and I love you. Your battles are my battles. Mine are yours."

"And only I get to fuck with you." Lola pointed at her.

"Understand."

"Can I?" Lola said. Jess sighed and nodded. "What do Patri's fist and Jess NOT have in common?"

"What?" Jenni asked. Jess closed her eyes and waited for what she knew was coming.

"Patri's fist can't go through SHIT."