The Reason

Jessica's POV:

I sat at my desk and looked over some stuff. There was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yelled. It opened.

"Hey, Jess. You have a minute?" 

"Isn't today your day off?" I smirked.

"I should ask you the same thing." 

I laughed. "True. What's up Jenni?"

"Actually it's not me." She said and turned to the door. "I have an enemy."

"An enemy?"

"Well two, but," She walked to the door. "Come on." She dragged someone in.

"Patri." I said.

"Hi." She waved.

"Ok! My job is done. Bye!" Jenni left.

I shook my head and looked at Patri. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you." She said. "After the whole Googling incident." I looked down. "I truly am sorry, Jessica. They had no right to do that."

"I know you tried to stop them." I looked up at her. 

"Then why have you been ignoring me?"

"Because you know more now."

"All I know is that you were born in London, were adopted at 5 and grew up in Madrid."

"You know more than that." I said.

"I only care about what came from you. Not what they found on Google. The stuff you told me in France. That's what I know about you. I told you then and I'll tell you now. I'll never tell anyone. It's your story to tell. Not mine, not Lola's or Leila's and definitely not Googles." I smiled. "I just wanted to talk to you face to face." She turned to the door. 

"Well, you came all the way here on your time off." I stood up. "How about dinner?"

"Really?"

"Why not. You came up here, reminded me again that you are the most caring and respectful person ever," She blushed. "So dinner tonight. You and me? My treat?"

"I'll be there." 

"Good."

Patri's POV:

"IS IT A DATE!" I yelled in the car.

"Patri can you not scream while I'm driving?"

"Yeah, Patri. Can you not scream when Alexia is driving!" Jenni smirked.

"Jenni I swear to God I will crash us."

"Do it!"

"NO! THERE IS ANOTHER PASSENGER DO NOT CRASH THE CAR!" They both laughed. "It's not funny! It's bad enough I'm third-wheeling on your, whatever this is."

"Look. Why don't you text her and ask if it's a date?" Alexia said.

"Because then she might think that I want it to be a date."

"But don't you want it to be a date?" Jenni asked.

"Yeah but she doesn't know that." 

"Oh, sweet baby Patri." Alexia mumbled. "Look. Text her, ask where you're going for dinner. That way you know if it's casual or more professional. If it's casual she's going to be more relaxed around you, but if it's more professional, she still views you as a work friend."

"That doesn't help me know if it's a date or not!"

"If it's casual, then she at least sees you as more than a player she was a trainer for. She's starting to see you as a friend."