Anything For You

Hey. 

It's me. 

Patri and Jess are back.

Let's go.

May 2022

Jessica's POV:

I woke up and rolled over. "FUCK!" 

"Surprise bitch."

"Carmen, how did you get in here?" I sat up.

"You gave me a key remember?"

"Yeah. I gave it to you for emergencies."

"Yeah well," She shrugged. "I have an emergency."

"What?"

"Because today is the day that you were born 26 years ago."

"Yeah. I know it is Carmen." I nodded. "Still doesn't explain why you came into my apartment while I was asleep."

She smiled and sat down. "Patri is stuck in Barcelona. I didn't want you to be alone on your birthday." She said. "You're my best friend, Jess. I just want you to know that you're important to me."

I smiled. "Thanks, Carmen. I appreciate it. So what's the plan then? I'm having dinner at my mom's tonight. But what about now?"

"Well, I don't feel like cooking," I laughed. "So how about I treat you to breakfast." 

"That sounds fun. I'll get dressed. Meet you in the hallway?" 

"Let's go." She got up and left.

Patri's POV:

"Well?" I asked when Carmen walked outside.

"She thinks you're stuck in Barcelona. We're going to get breakfast. You sure you got this?"

"Carmen, I've never been more sure." I smiled. "We've been dating for over a year now, but Carmen."

"The U20 World Cup is a few months out. We're the European champions. I expect us to do good here. First things first. We got a new member of our medical staff. This is Jessica Rodriguez." 

"She can't be much older than us." Carmen whispered.

I stared at her. My heart started beating faster. "She's beautiful." 

"I've loved her since that first day at camp."

"I know you have, Patri." Carmen smiled. "Because that's how it was when I met Lola. Now get out of here, she'll be ready any minute."

I ran out of the building and drove off to her mom's. 

Jessica's POV:

I went out to the hall and met with Carmen. "You good?" She nodded. "Let's go."

We got in her car and drove to get breakfast. "Where's Lola?"

"She had to do something today. I don't know."

I nodded. "Fun." I looked out the window. 

"How does it feel? Being 26?"

"Gross." I sighed. "4 years away from 30. Disgusting."

She laughed. "I always forget you're older than me." 

"Not by much." I smiled.

We got to the place and got breakfast. "For here or to go?" She asked.

"Uhhh to go?"

"My place?"

"Let's do it." I clapped.