Unbreakable Bond

"Hold on. I hear something. We found the suspect. We have the suspect in custody."

"Where is Ms. Torres?"

"I found Ms. Torres. Requesting an ambulance to the scene."

Patri's POV:

"Where is she?" We all stood in the hospital. "I need to see her."

"In there." The officer said. "Please be patient."

"Patient? I don't know if my girlfriend is ok or not!"

The door opened. A cop walked out and came to me. "Is she ok?"

"Few cuts and bruises. In shock but she'll be fine." The cop said. "I'll come back later for the statement. She just wants to see you. All of you."

I nodded and ran into the room. Jess was sitting on the bed staring at the wall. She had a few cuts on her face. "Jess." I walked to her. "Look at me." I reached for her hands and saw blood on them.

Jessica's POV:

"What happened?" Patri whispered.

"It's cute really. That you believe she loves you. No one loves you, Jess. No one. They'll give up after a while."

"Jess?" I heard Lola.

"You're a nobody from Madrid. Given up as a baby, passed around because everyone knew how worthless you were from the start."

I felt the tears in my eyes and closed them. "Jess look at me."

"You were his plaything."

"Get in the car, Jess!"

"A toy to keep him satisfied until he found a new one."

"Get in the car! I'm not asking again."

"He tried to get rid of you but failed."

"Get in the fucking car!"

"Stop it." I mumbled. I put my hands over my ears.

"Stop what Jess?" Patri asked.

"You are nothing. Just broken pieces. Who'd love that?"

Patri grabbed my hands. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "Look at me." She said softly. She wrapped her arms around me and I cried.

Patri's POV:

I held Jess as she cried. "I'm here." I whispered. "I love you." I looked over and saw Lola sit on the bed. She put her hand on Jess's leg and patted it.

"I'm here, Jess."

Jess let go of me. "What happened?" I asked.

"She," She shook her head. "She just,"

"Hey," Lola grabbed her hand. "It's over now."

"She told me that no one loves me. That you'll all leave eventually. I'm a nobody from Madrid that no one wanted as a baby, and no one wants now either. I was worthless then and I'm worthless now. I was just his plaything and he tried to get rid of me but failed. I was broken when she found me, she's the only one who knows how to fix me. I'm nothing but broken pieces." She looked down.

"I want to kick her ass." Lola said.

"I already did." Jess looked up.

Jessica's POV:

"Who's blood is on your hands?" Leila asked.

Earlier

"What's the plan? You're just going to keep me chained up here forever? Is that really going to work?"

"Shut up."

"I thought you loved me, Erica. If you REALLY loved me, you'd let me be more comfortable. My arms are getting tired." I shook them.

She sighed and walked over. "Fine. Don't try anything." She undid the restraints. She walked away and I rubbed my wrist. I slowly stood up and walked over to her.

I wrapped my arms around her neck. She started to slap them, hoping I'd let go.

She elbowed me in the side and I let go. "I'm gonna kill you." She grabbed a knife.

"Try me."

Present

"She does not know how to come at someone with a knife." I said. "I easily got it out of her hand."

"How?"

"It was a pocket knife. She never opened the blade." I said.

"You bitch slapped a knife out of her hand?" Lola said. "I'm really starting to like her, Patri. I really am."

I smiled. "What happened next?" Carmen asked.

"I went for the legs, jumped on top of her and just, punched her. Over and over. All of it just came out. The families that gave me up, the family that adopted me, Javier, the accident, her, having to leave the country. I couldn't hold it in anymore."

"Are you going to kill me?" Erica looked up at me.

"I'm not a killer." I looked down. "I'm not."

"We know." Leila said. I started rubbing my hands. "Hey." Leila grabbed them. "Let's go wash this off?" I looked at Patri.

"Ok." I got up.

Patri's POV:

Leila got Jess cleaned up and the cop came back. We waited outside. "What's going to happen?" I asked. "Where's the other one?"

"Erica? She has a broken nose and jaw. Also a concussion. Apparently Ms. Torres smashed her head into the floor." She shook her head. "She'll be charged, put away."

"And Jess?" Lola asked.

"Ms. Torres has been through a lot." She sighed. "I was one of the officers who responded to the accident she was in. Poor kid can't seem to catch a break. Having people like all of you. That's what she needed then, but at least she has it." She walked away.

"What's the plan, Patri?" Carmen asked.

"We're the people she needs. We're the people we all need. Erica tried to convince Jess that we don't love her. That we're going to leave her. We need to remind her how much she means to us, and how much we mean to each other. Unbreakable bond time."

"I'm in." Lola smiled. "I've really grown to love that pain in my ass. She looks out for my girlfriend when I can't and looks out for me too. No one fucks with her. That's my job."

"It's settled then." Virginia smiled. "No more punching people though, alright Patri?"

"Yeah, Jess is better at that." Carmen smirked.

"Hopefully I won't have to punch anyone again." Jess walked over.

"You ok?" I asked.

"I just want to go home." She whispered.

"Then let's get you home." I wrapped my arm around her. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you so much, Jess. I'm going to remind you every single day. You'll get sick of hearing me say it."

She laughed. "You're wrong. I'll never get sick of hearing you tell me that you love me. And I won't get sick of saying it back to you."