Threaten

April 2025

Jessica's POV:

"Please join us as we celebrate our marriage. Saturday, June 7th, 2025." Leila smiled and looked at me. "It's really happening?"

"It's really happening." I laughed. 

"Well, allow me to officially welcome you to the family." She hugged me. "You already were though." 

I smiled. "Thanks." 

"So who is your maid of honor?"

"Well actually it's-"

"Stop asking I'll do it." She said.

"Um." I stared at her. "Leila, as much as I love you, I have someone else in mind."

"Who?" I smiled. "NO! SHE'S ALWAYS REPLACING ME!" 

Patri's POV:

"Alexia?" She turned to me. "I have a favor to ask."

"Uh oh." Alexia said. "Sounds serious."

"Well, since the beginning you've been the biggest support for Jess and I. Even letting me tag along on your trip to Madrid so I could see her. And letting me tag along multiple times after that." She laughed. "You told me to think of you as my big sister. And I do, Alexia." 

"What are you asking?" She smiled.

"I know you don't like attention but I can't think of anyone else I want standing by my side. Alexia will you be my maid of honor?" 

She laughed and hugged me. "Of course I will Patri." 

I laughed. 

"Aw cute." Jenni smiled. 

"Who did Jess pick?"

I smiled. "She's asking her today."

Jessica's POV:

I knocked on the door and waited. "Jess." Lola smiled. "Come on in."

"Thanks." I sat on the couch. "Where's Menayo? I need to ask her something."

"She just got out of the shower." She sat next to me. "What's new?"

"We're sending out the invitations to our wedding." I smiled.

"You're getting married?" She gasped. "I had no idea." I pushed her as she laughed. 

I heard a door open. "Lola remind me to get more shampoo next time we go to the-" She saw me. "JESS!" She jumped on me.

"OW!" I grabbed my side.

She held on to me. "Jess I missed you!"

"You saw me last week." I groaned.

"Longest week of my life." She sighed. 

"Lola help."

Lola got up and pulled Carmen off me. "Sit down like a normal person, babe." Lola laughed. 

"I think you broke a rib." I laid my head back. "Fuck." 

"Why are you here? I mean I'm very happy to see you but usually, you call or text before you visit? And you're here alone." 

"I have something very important to ask you." I said. "And I need you to stay quiet until I'm finished. Ok?" She nodded. "Good." I turned to Lola. "Do you have any tape I don't trust her."

"I got this." Lola got up and put her hands over Carmen's mouth. "Ready." 

"Ok." I nodded. "Carmen I'm getting married in June. And you are my best friend. We all know this." Carmen nodded. "I don't have a family. Not blood anyway. But you and Lola are the closest to sisters I have. Lola already knows the role she's playing in my wedding." Carmen looked up at her. She nodded. "But you don't know yours. Carmen, I need someone to stand up there when I marry Patri. Who better than someone who loves us both? Me more than Patri though." I laughed. "So Carmen will you be my maid of honor?" Carmen took a deep breath in. I looked at Lola. "You can release her."

Lola let go. "YES!" Carmen yelled. "I will!! Get up and hug me!" I laughed and stood up. She hugged me. "I love you." She laughed.

"I love you too, Menayo." I looked at Lola and put my other hand out. "You too, Gallardo let's go." Lola laughed and joined in. "This right here. This is my family."

"Wait what's Lola's job?" Carmen asked. She gasped. "Are you the flower girl?"

"No that's going to be Leila." I smirked. "She assumed she was my maid of honor. So I'm going to make her the flower girl." 

"Please tell Vir in advance so she can record it." Lola laughed.

"I told her the minute I parked." I smiled. "Mapi knows too. They're going to film from two different angles." 

"Yes." Lola cheered. "I can't wait for your wedding."

I laughed. "Neither can I." 

May 2025

Patri was away with the national team. I had a day off from Barcelona and was at home. The doorbell rang. "Coming!" I got up and ran to get it. I opened the door. "Mom?" 

Patri's POV:

"As much as I love playing for our country with you guys, I can't wait to get back home." I laughed. "To my soon-to-be wife." 

"I can't believe you're getting married in a few weeks." Leila smiled.

"No bachelorette parties?" Virginia asked.

"Well since Jess is sober." I said. "She didn't really want a big night out. Carmen's going to throw something small when we get home."

"For you though," Alexia walked over. "Probably the same thing." She shrugged. "We're too busy to plan this shit." I laughed. "I don't care. I just need it to be my wedding day." 

"Baby goat. Getting married." Lola smiled.

My phone rang. "It's my almost wife." I smiled. "Hey, babe." I answered. "Jess? Calm down ok? You're having a panic attack, my love I just need you to breathe. Listen to my voice ok? You're ok?" I looked at everyone. "Who's in Barcelona and can get to Jess right now?"

They all looked around. "Marta." Leila said.

"I'll call her." Alexia grabbed her phone.

"Marta is going to come get you ok? Talk to me about when Carmen almost broke that poor guy's arm. Tell me the story again." The more she talked about that, the more she started to calm down. "What happened?" I whispered. Lola crossed her arms. "Lola's with me. Can I put the phone on speaker?" She said yeah. "Ok. Tell me what happened."

"The doorbell rang." She said. "So I got up to answer it. Naturally, I'm not an asshole." Lola smiled. "It was my mother. One of her friends told her I was getting married. How that friend knows, I don't know." She said. "But she said that she should've known first because she's my mother. That she has to be there because it's her daughter's wedding day. Patri I don't want her there."

"Then she won't be there." Lola said. "I'll make sure of it."

"What are you going to do?" Leila asked. "Threaten the lady?"

"For Jess? Of course, I will."