The enemies to lover trope you didn't know you needed (2)

Walking down the halls of Yonsei University, Jeongguk ignores the obvious stares pointed in his direction. He knows he has a reputation at school due no less to his achievements on the football team. So far this season, they were in the lead, ahead of Taehyung's team at Seoul National University by two games. Not an easy feat for an underclassmen captain against the best college football team in the nation. But then again, Jeongguk was the golden boy; he'd always been known as the prodigal son throughout his entire life.

As much as Jeongguk liked the title and relished in the pride he felt when he was recognized for his skills, always shouldering the burden of being at the top was draining. Sometimes, in the heat of the game, it felt like the whole world rested upon his tired, aching shoulders. Football was the biggest sport in Korea and the football team at Yonsei was the pride and joy of the entire school. Winning meant winning everything, and losing meant losing just as much. So sometimes the pressure got to him. He didn't always want to be the one in control. Sometimes he just wished someone would deprive him of all his power and take the reins from him—leaving all the responsibility in the hands of someone who could take care of him, if only just for a few moments.

And that's where Kim Taehyung came in.

It was supposed to have been a one time thing, really. The team manager had brought the entire football team at Yonsei to a club in Yongsan to celebrate the beginning of the school year. The club was in neutral turf—not close enough to be in Yonsei's territory and not far enough to be in SNU's territory either. But it just so happened that the entire SNU football team happened to be there as well. Which of course, included Taehyung.

Jeongguk was drunk, Taehyung was probably drunker, and the next thing they knew, they were making out in the back alley of the club, hiding in the shadows of their shame. After an embarrassingly long and aggravating make out session, Jeongguk fell to his knees and sucked Taehyung off—but not before Taehyung pulled hard at his hair, left him with a throat full of marks, and graced him with flickering memories of the hottest night of his life.

So of course, Jeongguk had to experience it again. And again, and again, and then maybe a couple dozen more times, just for good measure.

Several months later, here they were.

Jeongguk was once again left with red marks on his throat as the only reminder of their previous night. Swallowing the lump in this throat, he once again avoids the prying eyes of those around him.

There was probably another reason for all the attention. His looks. He's always known that people were attracted to him, even when he wasn't really trying for some reason, like today. He's wearing black from head to toe, with the hood of an oversized black sweatshirt pulled over the tops of his hair. Instead of indulging the interested glances directed towards him, he holds his head steady as he walks to the lecture hall for his next class.

The lecture hall is largely empty except for a few stragglers and a couple super-punctual students near the front who are somehow already typing furiously away on their laptops.

Jeongguk takes his usual seat—fourth row back, on the left side, by the window. He had purposely selected the seat on the first day so he could feel like the anime protagonist of his own story. But If anyone asked, there's no way in hell he'd admit to it.

Right as he's getting his laptop out, a voice appears from behind him as the owner of said voice comes over and smacks him on the shoulder, "Yah, cover those up will you? Not everyone wants to see the evidence of your latest conquest."

Jeongguk makes a face at Jimin before running his hand over the back of his neck where he knows the bruises and the red marks splotching his neck are still all too visible. Though the marks no longer sting, Jeongguk could still feel them when he gingerly pressed his fingers down. The subtle tinge of pain reminds him of Taehyung's plush, cupid's bow lips grazing across his skin and strong fingertips skipping up his body. At the memory, Jeongguk feels his lip quirk into a slight grin.

Taekook Smuts and Drabblesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें