I feel safe in the 5 a.m. light

THIS BELONGS TO @JemKay ON AO3

i.

The first time Taehyung really notices it, Jeongguk has him pressed down on the obnoxious orange couch in their living room that Taehyung found on a recycle Facebook page and fell in love with at first sight.

Jeongguk has one hand up his shirt, stroking the soft skin just under Taehyung's ribs, as his tongue delves between Taehyung's lips, and it's unhurried and gentle and tender, Jeongguk a heavy warmth against the chill of the heavy rain and dark clouds outside.

And Taehyung loves it, but he'd probably be enjoying it more if his grip on Jeongguk's shoulders wasn't mostly due to half his body slowly sliding off the couch. The pillows, iron man blanket, and giant lion plushy he'd been sleeping with half an hour ago take up too much room, and Taehyung's halfway off the couch before he realizes it, his upper body suddenly dropping off the cushions, and he yelps in surprise, hands fisting in Jeongguk's shirt in an attempt to catch himself, eyes squeezing shut.

But he never reaches the ground, because Jeongguk's arm catches him, tight and secure around his waist, and the stronger boy easily hauls Taehyung back up onto the couch – which Taehyung doesn't help with at all, he's mostly dead weight in his surprise – and Jeongguk resettles Taehyung into his lap, strong hands keeping a firm but gentle grip on Taehyung's hips, and teeth immediately sinking back into the warm skin of Taehyung's neck.

And Taehyung, who'd been the one to initiate the slow and relaxed and unhurried pace, who'd been teasing Jeongguk's patience, is suddenly ten degrees hotter and ten times needier about getting Jeongguk's hand down his pants. The rush of heat is so sudden that he's positive his face is bright red, and he can feel the almost painful press of his dick against his jeans. He bites down his lower lip, knows he's about to moan, and from what? From being picked up? Taehyung's got more pride than that, except he's suddenly very aware of the flex of Jeongguk's shoulders and biceps under Taehyung's fingers, and the curl of Jeongguk's rougher hands on his hips and Taehyung lets out a half whimper half moan, something so erotic and obscene that Jeongguk pauses and leans back to get a good look at the smaller boy. And Taehyung might've been more embarrassed about it if he wasn't so turned on by this point, and before Jeongguk can voice his confusion, Taehyung grinds down onto thicker thighs, delights in the way Jeongguk throws his head back and tightens his grip on Taehyung's waist, loves the press of each finger into his skin, one hand sliding down to get a firmer grip on his ass.

"Jeongguk." It's barely spoken, a mix between a moan and a whimper and a plea, and Taehyung's stuck somewhere hazy and hot and heavenly. His shirt's been tossed somewhere behind him, and Jeongguk's other hand is sliding up to thumb over Taehyung's nipple.

"Yeah," Jeongguk says, voice raspy and rough, and he presses a quick kiss to Taehyung's swollen lips. "Yeah, okay."

He stands then, hands warm and sure in their grip on Taehyung's thighs, and this time, the shift doesn't make Taehyung yelp in surprise. It does make him even hotter though, enough for Taehyung's toes to feel tingly, and he wraps one hand around the muscles of Jeongguk's arm, wants to feel the flex of strength just under the skin.

Jeongguk bumps into a few walls on his way to the bedroom, distracted by Taehyung's pleading whimpers and the slight thrusts against Jeongguk's solid form, but his hand cups the back of Taehyung's head before it can hit the wall, gentle and reassuring and protective despite the roughness of Jeongguk slamming him back to grind up against him.

Taehyung whines again, barely holding himself back from rutting up against Jeongguk's steady form as Jeongguk carries him to their bedroom, so he settles for pressing kisses onto Jeongguk's cheek and ear, not holding back the breathy moans because of the knowledge, the sudden realization, that Jeongguk is much much stronger than him.