My Ride Or Die pt8

Taehyung jolts awake from sleep when he realizes Jungkook's hastily getting off the bed.

Sleepily, he gets up, rubbing his eyes as he finds Jungkook at the window in his bedroom, peeking through the curtains, his eyes sharp.

"Jungkook?"

Kook lifts a hand to tell him to stay put on the bed.

"Jungkook is something wrong?" Tae asks worriedly as Kook paces in the bedroom, pulling the curtains close tightly, looking down at himself and then walking to the bathroom door that's slightly ajar, closing it tightly. And then locking it.

Tae feels the familiar growth of fear inside him, as he gets off the bed.

"Don't come near the window," Kook tells him.

So he walks to Kook, and holds his hand, wary of how quiet the apartment is and a little confused of how he is acting. Taehyung feels a little lightheaded. Waking up so instantly from a deep sleep like that feels like waking up from his nightmares. He doesn't get them as often now, when he thinks about it. Not when he's asleep in Jungkook's bed.

Jungkook walks out of the bedroom, immediately shaking his hand off and telling him to stay in the middle of the living room while he goes to the entrance door.

Everything's locked, Taehyung can see it.

But Jungkook unlocks once, locks it again.

Unlocks, locks, unlocks, locks.

Until everything is again, locked.

"Jungkook?"

He doesn't seem to hear him. He walks to the glass doors leading to the balcony, unlocks it and locks it too, pulls the curtains close and storms to the guest room. Taehyung hears the curtains being pulled close too. He does the same thing in the study.

Tae stands rigid in the middle of the place, feeling cold as he rubs at the goosebumps rising on his skin, just watching tensely as Jungkook pulls the drawers open, checks on his knives, striding into the bedroom again.

Tae follows, scared to be left alone.

Kook sits on the bed, pulls the drawer on the bedside table open and takes out his gun.

"Jungkook ?" Tae almost whimpers out through the pounding of his heart, fidgeting with his own shaky fingers by the door.

Jungkook blinks, looks up at him. He stares at Tae for a whole minute of deadly silence, before he blinks again.

"Everything's okay," He tells him. He pats the empty space behind him. "Go back to sleep."

Taehyung climbs on the bed, taking the space. He watches from Kook 's shoulder as he takes out the bullets, spins the cylinder, puts the bullets in again, spins it, loads it.

Unloads it again, weighs the bullets in his palm, spins it, puts them back.

"Is everything really okay?" Taehyung asks him, resting his head against Kook's back.

He feels him nodding. He can still hear the bullets in Kook's hand. So he just watches from Jungkook's hunched back, his nimble fingers loading and unloading the shiny gun in his hand in what's left of the moonlight peering through the curtains.

And falls back asleep.

Taehyung knew that wasn't a rare occurrence.

There are nights where Jungkook wakes up in cold sweat. Or sometimes he gets lost in his sleep he screams at nothing.