I'll Be Home For Christmas pt 1

Summary:

Childhood friends Jungkook and Taehyung haven't seen each other for ten years. They run into each other when they both come home for Christmas.

Hey mom, yeah I'll be there in a couple hours. Jungkook listened to his mother talk through his phone as he stepped onto the platform at the train station. Im just meeting Hoseok for a beer or two first. Uh huh, I wont. Dont worry. Yep, love you too, bye.

The December air was freezing and Jungkook pulled his knit scarf tighter around his neck, shivering slightly. The salt-water scent of the ocean drifted on the breeze and Jungkook immediately felt like he was home.

The streets were packed with people coming home for the holidays, like him. He bumped into people as he walked the few blocks towards the bar Hoseok had asked to meet him at.

It was crazy, thought Jungkook, being home again after so long. Hed left Busan as a teenager, moving to Seoul to pursue a career in performing arts. While he didnt make it big, Jungkook had a happy and fruitful career as an instructor at a popular dance studio.

Why he hadnt come home until now - nearly ten years later - was due to a number of different factors: finances, timing, performances, school. It was always something.

But this year, there was no reason for Jungkook to stay in Seoul. His mother had cried to him over the phone, begging her son to come home for Christmas. And this time he couldnt possibly turn her down.

Hed texted his childhood friend Hosoek that hed be back in town for a week and they had made plans to meet up. Jungkook wondered how his and Hoseoks friendship had endured for so many years and over so many miles, but it was perhaps an indication of the strength of their friendship that they could meet up after so long and talk as if no time had passed.

Jungkook sniffled and could feel his nose flush red with cold as he opened the door to the bar, rolling his luggage behind him awkwardly. A bell chimed overhead alerting the staff to the patrons entrance.

He looked around the semi-packed bar for the familiar head of wild brown hair. After a minute of searching, Jungkook realized he must be the first one there. He found two empty seats next to each other and sat down at one, hanging his jacket over the other to save it for Hoseok.

As he settled in and brought out his phone to send his friend a text, the bartender came up and leaned over the bar towards Jungkook.

What can I get for you?

Um, Jungkook quickly checked out what they had on tap. Pint of Heineken, please.

The bartender nodded and went off to pour his beer.

To: Hoseok

Hey, Im at the bar. Saved you a seat.

Jungkook shot off the text and waited, looking around at the decor. It was a small, cozy place with vintage posters and knick-knacks lining the shelves on the walls. The bartop itself was a deep rich wood and the bar was flooded in ambient blue lighting. Christmas lights adorned the tops of the walls and each shelf of liquor behind the bar.

Soft instrumental Christmas music played over the speakers, quiet enough to almost be drowned out by the buzz of peoples conversations.

It was a really cute place, actually. It just had this aura, this feeling of Busan - of home.

The bartender came back and placed the full pint glass on a coaster, telling Jungkook to enjoy.

Jungkook took a sip, the heady foam sticking to his top lip. He sighed at the taste and leaned back into his chair, finally relaxing for the first time all day.It had been a busy day already, packing and cleaning his apartment all morning before the crowded three-hour train ride this afternoon. He sat back with ease, letting the holiday spirit wash over him, thinking about seeing his parents and brother again.