A Little Bit Dangerous (But Baby That's How I Want It)

BELONGS TO @Bangtanbananas ON AO3

Summary:

24-year old Jeon Jungkook did not sign up for the police force to deal with Kim Taehyung and his stupid college kid antics.

But he can't pass up a good offer either.

Damn, had his week been boring and uneventful.

Coffee runs, storing case files into metal bins, typing up itineraries, watching officer after officer exit the building to respond to calls... all while stationed at his little desk in the office corner with manila folders stacked high next to him.

Any job would be better than this. Hell, he'd even take fucking crowd control if it meant picking his sore ass up from the creaky office chair.

Jeon Jungkook has been in the force for over a year and he's proven himself in the field and yet, he's stuck doing work an intern or newbie should be doing. This was Gangnam for god's sake, there must be something interesting out there for him!

It's a Friday and that's usually the prime day for students to be having parties, so the majority of officers are out and about in their squad cars patrolling different areas of Gangnam or supervising sports games while the other handful of on-call officers are stuck inside the precinct with their fingers up their asses not doing their work like they're supposed to.Their chief is out of the building, so they all just gather around one desk chatting with one another, gross watered down coffee in their hands, until the phone rings and Jungkook is the one who picks it up since he's the closest.

"Seoul Gangnam Police Station, Officer Jeon Jungkook speaking. What seems to be the trouble?"

He listens to the older woman speak on the phone and he recognizes her voice. She runs a bike renting business near the Han river and since she closes down late at night, some kids are always trying to give her trouble or disturb her peace as she closes shop. Jungkook's handled one of her noise complaints before and it's the same damn group of teenagers every time who graffiti on part of an old, dilapidated bridge and who disturb the old woman to the point where she has to call the cops.

"M'am, we're on it. Yes, yes-- we're leaving now. Goodnight."

Jungkook hangs up the phone and slides off the desk and sighs. He really hates those teens; especially one in particular, Kim Taehyung.

That little fucker drives him up the fucking wall and Jungkook can't wait until the day comes where he can nab Taehyung with charges and lock him up until his rich parents get him out of jail. The kid's like, twenty or something (like he fucking cares) and he's got a clean record, all because of his rich mommy and daddy.

The call is better than sitting here, so Jungkook has some last minute exchanges with the other officers before he's grabbing his equipment, loading his gun, and hopping into his squad car to take care of the situation.

He pulls up at the usual spot around the corner from the bridge, window rolled down to hear loud voices and rambunctious shouts just feet away from him. Jungkook makes sure to slam the car door loud, the noise echoing under the bridge and bouncing off the walls. As he takes out his flashlight, testing it once or twice on the ground, the voices suddenly grow quiet and he tries to fight back a smirk. They already know.

Carefully, he rounds the corner, hand covering the light from his flashlight, and he sees dark figures by the concrete wall with spray cans in their hands. They have lanterns strung up along the floor and on the rocks against the wall and Jungkook can see all sorts of graffiti in vibrant colors sprayed there.