Kiss Me Hard Before You Go (2)

Taehyung ascends ranks to new FWB status, as if the both of them are reaping the benefits of this fake dating act in the last few weeks together. He becomes a regular fixture in Jeongguk's apartment, Hoseok and Namjoon hardly blinking anymore when he shows up and Jeongguk throws him into his room without even a greeting.

These days, they don't talk much, restricting it mostly to sexting, and actual sex. Easier to go without each other after the breakup party, Taehyung reasons as Jeongguk watches him ride his cock with hard intensity in his eyes, hands holding Taehyung's hips with bruising force. Taehyung always makes sure not to accidentally sleep the whole night, waking up more than once curled against Jeongguk's side. He always leaves before the sun rises, conveniently for the both of them, kissing Jeongguk before he goes. As summer starts rolling in he finds he has to wake up earlier and earlier to gather his things. At one point he just begins fighting the sleep until Jeongguk is properly out, before slipping into the night like a shadow.

"Are you okay?"

Jimin asks the question two weeks before the date, and Taehyung looks up from the eggs he's frying for lunch, the base of his spine still throbbing. He looks up, and Jimin is behind the counter, face filled with concern.

"I'm fine."

"You look sick," Jimin says. "Are you sure? You've been coming back really late at night sometimes."

"Oh, yeah, I know," Taehyung says, flipping his eggs over and cursing under his breath when every single one of the yolks bursts and runs into the skillet. "Heavy semester."

"Is that it? Academics?"

"Yeah," Taehyung says, tilting the pan. "Psych is harder than it looks, you know."

"I'm just worried about you," Jimin says, dropping his backpack in a chair and opening up the fridge. "You've been talking a lot more in your sleep than usual lately."

Taehyung freezes. "Like what?"

"Nothing of importance," Jimin says, rummaging. "Sometimes Jeongguk's name comes up, sometimes you're just shouting and making noise. You just tend to do it more often around finals week rather than the middle of the semester."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Jimin straightens, armed with a frozen chicken bake. "Just talk to me if you want, okay? We've been best friends for a while now."

"Thanks, Jimin."

And for a moment, Taehyung feels bad about this prank.

One week before D-Day, Taehyung gets a text from Jeongguk that, for the first time in a month, doesn't start with, you want to know what i'm wearing? and instead says, can you bring me some of your extra strength tylenol

yeah of course!
are you sick D:

yeah
i'm sorry but we're all out of medicine
and i want to see your dumb face

Taehyung raises his eyebrows at that last message. It's hardly necessary for Taehyung to be persuaded to go over to his apartment, but maybe Jeongguk with a fever is more truthful than Jeongguk without. He lets himself into their place, finding Jeongguk swaddled up in blankets on the armchair on the balcony, sniffling like his life depends on it.

"Hey," Taehyung says, pushing the sliding door open. "Why are you out here?"

"My room feels like a Petri dish of misery," Jeongguk says, as Taehyung hands him a water bottle and unscrews the cap on his Tylenol. "And air out here feels better."

"Count on you to get sick in the middle of spring," Taehyung says, shaking his head.

"It's the rhinitis," Jeongguk complains. "Do you think pollen agrees with that?"