My Ride Or Die pt5

I do like him," Tae finally admits. "And I promise, I'll take it slow, I'll get to know him better."

His two friends give him an assuring nod.

Little did Tae know, getting to know Kook better falls on a Friday night, when he comes early to the apartment by himself for dinner that Jungkook has invited him on the day before.

And the door's unlocked.

It's open slightly.

He pushes it open warily—the heavy wooden door swinging silently— and he's wondering if it's open because Jungkook's expecting him.

Maybe Kook does. But what Tae sees surely isn't what Jungkook was expecting.

There are things thrown here and there. Toppled coat rack, broken cups. It's messy.

And Tae doesn't know what he expected when he turns to look into the kitchen. Because he immediately freezes at the sight before him, gasping loudly the bag in his hand with the ingredients for cooking drops, and fruits came rolling across the floor, coming to halt only when it runs into the head of an unconscious, bloodied man on smooth wooden floor.

There is so much blood. The man is big, unmoving, dressed in black suit. Tae can't take his eyes off him. There are knives jutting out of the man's back, the fabric of his suit torn with many other stab marks.

So much blood, he keeps thinking. Unmoving. Sirens.

Wait, there are no sirens.

He looks up at Kook standing over the man with wide, unbelieving eyes, and he's dressed in a black suit, leather gloved hands slowly lifted into the air as he just stares at Tae, cold and still.

His gaze is piercing, disheveled hair poking into his eyes yet he doesn't blink.

And Tae couldn't help but realize how out of place Kook looks in that apartment. In that kitchen where Tae has seen him cook so many times, where he washes the dishes, where he chops things, usually dressed in his comfortable sweaters.

Tae can't get any words out of his mouth at the muddled thoughts in his head. The shattering old thoughts of Kook and his gentle ways over dinner. And Tae's trembling, but at the same time he's so stiff he can't move at the sight he's seeing.

Kook's left hand is bleeding, he realizes, blood dripping onto the floor, his leather glove slashed open, and the other hand holding the weapon tightly. It's the kitchen knife he's cooked with countless of times.

It gleams so brilliantly red in the lights.

And it's so deathly quiet, except for Tae's struggle to breathe. There's a glint in Kook's eyes when he finds Tae's stare stuck on the bloody knife, and slowly, so slowly and gently like his usual movements, he places it on the kitchen counter, where a half eaten cinnamon roll lies on a plate.

Jungkook just holds his stare on Tae, eyebrows now furrowed, and lips tense. None of that small gentle smile. Just cold, hard stare with equally cold, hard frown.

Tae's scared. He's so scared.

His trembling foot takes a step back and it makes Kook reach for his glove, slowly taking it off his uninjured hand.

And the sight of the bare hand renders Tae severely breathless. Doesn't know what it can do. But wondering of the possibilities, and wondering if he'd make it out of the place as he turns, wanting to run. To escape before anything else.

But Jungkook's already at the door.

Shutting it close quietly with calculated speed, while still never tearing his eyes off Tae, and Taehyung whimpers, almost stumbling back when he realizes his only exit is blocked.