He's Always Right There When I Need Him

THIS BELONGS TO @Cataelyst ON AO3

"Okay guys let's wrap it up! Good job everyone!" the head cheerleader yells. Her shrill voice echoes across the football field and, like puppets with their strings cut on cue, the squad of cheerleaders slump with a collective sigh, finally relaxing their polished, carefully held positions.

Taehyung lowers his arms, sighing with relief, his aching shoulders slouching as his fellow cheerleaders begin to chatter and laugh all around him. He smiles absentmindedly when his teammates congratulate him on another successful practice, the head cheerleader herself even patting him on the back and telling him his splits were improving. He chooses not to mention his boyfriend might have had a hand in his new-found flexibility. Usually he would be more than happy to celebrate with his friends but his eyes are already drifting to the side-lines, to where said boyfriend, Jeongguk stands, waiting for him. Football practice ends a little before cheerleading practice does so it's not usually for Jeongguk to wait for him, sweaty and flushed, still in his football gear. The sight always makes Taehyung feel better, no matter how much his body aches from the exercise.

Training is intense, demanding and exhausting and part of Taehyung wants nothing more than to shower and wash all the sweat and grime from his body then go home to sleep for approximately a thousand years. But as soon as he catches sight of Jeongguk's sweaty, smiling face, with his dark bangs plastered to his forehead and a look in his eyes he recognises instantly, he knows the day is far from over. He says a quick goodbye to his squad mates, waving happily as they give him a knowing look, a few even catcalling and whistling at him. He rolls his eyes fondly as he approaches his boyfriend.

"Hey, Gukkie," he greets, already feeling a little less exhausted at the sight of Jeongguk.

"Hello, beautiful," Jeongguk hums, holding out his arms to embrace Taehyung. He's sweaty and stinks of body odour and grass but Taehyung's not much better himself so he wraps his arms around Jeongguk's broad shoulders letting the younger boy pull him close, his warmth enveloping him.

They're roughly the same height so it's easy for Taehyung to rest his weary head on Jeongguk's shoulder, burying his face in the crook of his neck.

"You stink," he mumbles sleepily against Jeongguk's skin, tasting sweat and salt on his tongue, nuzzling closer.

He can feel Jeongguk's laugh rumbling in his chest and he smiles. "You're one to talk Tae."

Taehyung huffs a short laugh but he's too tired to do anything but lean on Jeongguk and close his eyes as his boyfriend runs his hands up and down his back, slowly making their way lower and lower. He hums contentedly as Jeongguk's hands dipped under his skirt to grope his ass.

"You're impossible," he laughs and Jeongguk doesn't even try to deny it as his hands slip under Taehyung short cheerleading skirt, his rough fingers running across his skin, kneading the soft flesh.

"Can't people see us?" he asks as Jeongguk fiddles with the hem of his underwear, his skirt hiked up so he can feel the breeze on his bare skin.

"Do you care?" Jeongguk teases and Taehyung bites his lip as he begins to kiss his way down Taehyung's neck, nipping and biting the way he likes. He might be exhausted but Jeongguk's touch is sending shivers down his spine, making him tingle with anticipation. Despite his playful taunts Jeongguk sways their bodies around so he shields Taehyung from the prying eyes of his nosy teammates.

"My parents are going out to dinner tonight," he whispers in Jeongguk's ear, his boyfriend's arms tightening around him.

"What time?" he asks. He pouts like a petulant child, nuzzling Taehyung cheek, his warm breath fanning over his face.