My Ride Or Die pt3

Jungkook does come.

He's back in his long dark colored coats. His leathered gloves.

They don't talk, just exchange glances while Tae sings. And he leaves after.

There is still no face in the dark returning, and Taehyung feels more relaxed on stage. He thinks he's less nervous now, he's not scared of the stage and the lights like the first time he returned to the stage.

Sometimes Tae and Kook do meet coincidentally at the same coffee shop. Exchange a few words, get coffee.

And Tae finds himself looking forward to those meetings, lingering at the place when Jungkook's not there, going home disappointed.

And feeling a little happy when he's actually there, and it's the cinnamon roll again. And they talk of nothing in between sips of coffee in paper cups. Tae can't keep up with the latte art anymore.

On the other hand, Hoseok still doesn't remember any customer with leather gloves.

"He's always there, sitting at the bar," Tae tells him and Yoongi before the opening of the bar.

Hoseok shrugs, Yoongi too.

"Are you sure he's even real?" Yoon asks almost teasingly, but at the same time worriedly.

Taehyung pursed his lips, thinking hard about it. "Yes he is, his name is Jungkook; and we meet at the coffee shop sometimes."

Yoongi nods thoughtfully when Tae tells them his encounters with the lean and tall young man who likes cinnamon rolls.

"Is he... safe though?" Hoseok asks softly, tender gaze fixed on Tae .

Tae stares at him, and blinks. Jungkook has always been nice. He talks really softly, and smiles really gently. He doesn't seem like he'd hurt a fly, let alone anyone.

Except that one time when there was an unconscious body on the ground. That man who had been following Tae. At times, Tae still questions if that really happened.

"He's not-not everyone's like that, Hoseok," He murmurs instead, averting the other two's gaze on him. Trying not to think of that one night he's not even sure was real.

And he hears Hoseok smiles in relief. "That's good then, he sounds like a good person."

"I'll tell you which one is him when we get on stage," Tae says to Yoongi, already walking to the back of the bar, into the waiting room to start on his makeup.

And Jungkook's not there that night. Yoongi looks at him expectantly on stage.

And he isn't there the following night either, and the next one, and the next.

He is at the coffee shop on the weekend.

He's seated at the window, his coffee to go already on his table as he's reading over a book in his hands.

Taehyung feels a little relieved to see the man. He'd been a little confused when Jungkook hasn't come back to the bar. It's weird, when he thinks about it because Jungkooks presence is too unpredictable. He doesn't know why it bothers him too.

Taehyung orders his latte. Pays with his card. They drew him some exotic flower that he couldn't name, and naturally sits at the table.

Jungkook looks up from his book almost coldly, and Taehyung thinks he melts a little when Jungkooks expression warms once the recognition sets in. It's always somehow nice to see how Jungkook's default, rigid expression warms at the sight of Tae. It might not mean anything. But Tae knows it's a nice sight.

And Tae wants to ask why he hasn't come for his performances the past few nights, but felt like he was being entitled by asking that. Not like he has the right to either.

"What are you reading?" he asks instead.

"Some story," Kook simply answers, placing the closed book on the table, cover down.

Tae takes that simple answer, finds that Kook likes to give simple ones, doesn't elaborate and it makes Tae feel safe. He doesn't know why. Maybe because while Kook doesn't give him explanations for anything, he doesn't expect Tae to give him any either. And Tae's comfortable that way. To keep things above the surface, but not really either, because sometimes Jungkook makes him want to say things that are buried deep under foam drawing of an exotic flower.

Like his violent ex.

"What's that?" Jungkook asks, staring at the drawing of a flower on Tae's latte.

"I don't know the name, but it's pretty," Tae chuckles a little, finding it a shame to ruin such a beautiful coffee art.

"Do you like those? Those drawings on your latte?" Jungkook asks.

Tae nods. "They come up with different drawings every time, you know."

He looks at Jungkook, and he gives him a small smile.