Get Me Out Of My Mind (Get You Out Of Those Clothes)

THIS BELONGS TO @taekookmusings ON AO3

DOM- JUNGKOOK

Taehyung isn't really looking forward to having a roommate during his second year at college. He'd thought his good luck streak to get single dorms for his first year would never end, but alas, he was unfortunately very wrong. Despite being a very sociable person, he doesn't like people getting too close into his personal space. Objectively, he knows he might be a bit... odd to others. Of course, to his own self he thinks he's normal and everyone else is weird. But judging by the looks on his friends faces when he's caught talking to himself in a language that isn't Korean, he suspects that to the outside world he's rather strange. He's tried to teach his best friend, Jimin, the language so they could talk to each other in secret but Jimin just couldn't get the hang of it because Taehyung himself didn't really know the syntax.

So, Taehyung doesn't really want to deal with anyone in such close quarters. His dorm is his safe haven where he can shed the constraints of 'normal' society and fully be himself. He doesn't want to have to hide in his own dorm, after all this is pretty much his home now.

He's told that his new roommates name is Jeon Jungkook and that's all the information he has. He whines about it to his friends, but they mostly just laugh at him. They're full of optimism though, reassuring him that everything will be fine; his roommate will be awesome and accept him just fine. Taehyung isn't so sure. He loves his small group of friends, he really does and is grateful that he has them. But, it was pure luck that caused them to get together, and Taehyung hasn't been feeling very lucky lately. Taehyung just nods along and manages a smile because their optimism is appreciated, even if he doesn't share it.

--

When Taehyung thought about what type of roommate he'd get, he toyed with the idea of jocks, wannabe scene kids, hipsters and everything in between. In a moment of pure insanity, he even toyed with the idea of getting someone who was just like him. But never, in his wildest dreams, did he factor in the possibility that his new roommate would be attractive. No one ever told him that his roommate was going to look this good.

Jeon Jungkook is the vision of beauty as he stands in the hall. He's about Taehyung's height, with midnight dark hair and two piercings on the edge of each ear and small plugs in each lobe. His left eyebrow is pierced too, and his eyes are rimmed with smudged black. Jungkook is probably the most beautiful and interesting-looking person Taehyung has ever seen and he immediately wants to start to recite Shakespeare's sonnets to him, but he doesn't think that would go over very well. He's not very sure how long he stands there just staring at him, wondering what he ever did to deserve such a gorgeous roommate.

The slight trance is broken by the sound of Jungkook clearing his throat. "Uh, are you going to let me in?" Jungkook asks, the pierced eyebrow is raised but there's a look of amusement on his face that makes Taehyung blush just a little bit. Not that he'd admit it.

"Yes, yes, of course." Taehyung says, stumbling over the words as he steps back and holds the door open wider so Jungkook and his bags can get in. "You, uh, you need help with anything?"

"Just, uh, help me get all the other stuff in?" Jungkook asks, turning to look at him with a small grateful smile. "And then just tell me where everything goes, and I think I should be good."

Taehyung's blush deepens slightly as he goes to help Jungkook with the rest of his stuff and he doesn't really know why.

--

(Taehyung has a night-time ritual of saying goodnight to every object in the room. He tries to do it quietly the night Jungkook arrives but he's still caught. Taehyung tries to 'just kidding' his way out of the awkward situation, but after Jungkook looks at him weirdly for a few moments, he just shrugs and joins in.