Meeting Jason...again

Damian's POV

Dick was pacing along the length of the terrace, checking his phone every few seconds while mumbling curses under his breath. Honestly, it was giving me a migraine. "Tim will be back when he gets back, Dick."

Shaking my head, I sighed out slowly. Honestly, Dick still treated Tim like a child sometimes. He was almost 20 now and as weird as it was that it bugged me, it did.

I stood from my seat and walked to the open sliding door, leaning my shoulder against the frame.

Dick had at least stopped pacing now as he refreshed his messages again, swiping at his phone screen vigorously. "Dick, seriously, you need to chill out. Tim is a very capable person."

His glare didn't even phase me as he ran his fingers through his hair, leaving his hand on the back of his neck as he sighed.

When he still didn't say anything, I shook my head again, walking out onto the terrace with him and leaning against the railing that overlooked the city below us.

Dick could be very over protective. Too over protective sometimes. I had gotten used to it and learned to work around it, but it frustrated the hell out of Tim.

I understand why. In every sense of the word, he was an adult. He'd been making his own choices for years now and even had a huge hand in the company.

He was very capable of taking care of himself and didn't need a babysitter. He definitely didn't need Dick throwing a fit eveytime he went off on his own.

That's just how Dick was though. The bug brother. A mother hen. Always protecting and looking out for us.

I rested my arms infront of me, leaning slightly to look out over the town. I had to admit it was stunning. Even in the day time the twinkle of lights from cars, streetlights and buildings was hypnotic.

Tim had been out here for over an hour the evening we arrived, taking pictures of anything and everything. At that thought I clicked my tongue, turning to Dick with a knowing look.

"He'll be back for his camera at the very least." He turned to me with a blank expression before grinning. His shoulders dropped slightly as he relaxed. "You're right. Though, that doesn't mean he won't just run off again with this crazed stranger." His smile turned into a scoff and he slumped down into one of the patio chairs.

Rolling my eyes at his melodrama, I walked back inside, heading to the small fridge to grab something to drink.

Glancing at the clock, I noticed it was almost ten. Father would be in his meeting till at least eleven-thirty, so Tim still had time to get back.

It didn't make sense to me why he had to be back before father was, but I shook my head, not letting the thought go any further. Because really, I Didn't care.

Right?

Once I found what I was looking for, I shut the fridge door, hunting for the bottle opener now.

"That better not be a beer, Damian." I groaned at Dick's voice, giving a rather loud "tt" as I rolled my eyes. Ignoring the annoyance that was my brother as I continued my search.

The clicking of the door being unlocked caught my attention and I glanced up, watching Dick jump up and make a beeline to it. He was pulling the door open eagerly, his whole body jittery from nerves.

I caught a glimpse of Tim's face while leaning over the counter onto my elbows, before he was pulled
into a bone crushing hug.

He made a noise somewhere between a grunt and a surprised squeal, freezing up for just a moment before pushing at Dick's chest to get him off. "Dick...can't...breathe." I couldn't help but snort.