The Panic attack 🔥

Tims POV.

Dick's words became distant in my ears, hazy and lost in the back of my mind even though he was right in front of me. I could feel tears stinging in my eyes and clenched my fists at my sides.

A feeling, unwelcome and fierce, washed over me. Starting in my chest, stinging and painful like electricity, then spread down into my arms and legs, ending at my fingertips and toes. It made me heave as I took a breath.

I couldn't do this.

I couldn't stand here while he just went on and on about how immature this all was.

Finally, I managed out two shaky words. Barely audible to me around the pounding in my head, but he heard them well enough. "Screw you." With that, I turned on shaky feet, pushing the door open forcefully. Not even caring when it hit the wall with a bang.

All I cared about was being in Jason's arms and getting out of here. I knew in all honesty, Dick hadn't really meant what he said, but, at the moment, I hated him. I hated him for even letting the thought leave his mouth. For even having the thought in the first place.

Jason and Damian both turned to me and I watched their faces grow with uncertainty. I couldn't focus on anything but the burning in my body. I felt dizzy, cold and sick. I wanted, I needed to get out of here. Away from Dick.

With Jason's hands on my face, thumbing away tears, I managed to look up at him, a choked sob ghosting past my lips. He was talking, but the ringing in my ears prevented me from hearing a word. Clinging to his arms, I closed my eyes. "Please, can we just go?"

In a second, Jason's arms were pulling me up into his chest, holding me protectively. I tucked my face into his neck, hiding from everything. His warmth filled me with a sense of calm. A feeling that, while at first alien, was now something I ached for.

Yet, it still wasn't enough. I felt broken, defeated. The hope of happiness I had built up in my mind, was crumbling down around me.

And it was all Dick's fault.

When we stopped at the door, I whimpered pitifully, fisting my hand into his jacket. He just tightened his hold, before leaning down to pick something up. Damian's voice floated out somewhere in my mind, but I wasn't sure if he had actually spoken or not.

Suddenly, we were moving again and it wasn't long before we were outside and in his car. The elevator ride had seemed over in an instant as my mind raced, trying to unscramble the alphabet soup in my brain.

When he placed me in the passenger seat, I let out another heart wrenching sob, my hands still clinging to him desperately. "Shh, Tim baby, it's okay. Im here." He palmed my cheek, before delicately pushing my hair out of my eyes and placing a tender kiss in its stead.

When he pulled back, I reluctantly let go of him, knowing, but not caring that I probably looked so utterly puttiful in his passenger seat. He buckled me in, then rushed to the driver side and got in, cranking the car before pulling out onto the road.

I was stiff in my seat. Pain, agonizingly brash, jolted through my chest and limbs. It felt like fire was consuming my nerves. Eating away at me slowly. Agonizingly.

Gripping my arms, I dug my nails into the pale skin. The sudden burst of pain made me whine in slight relief, till the fire reared back up, stronger this time. I felt exhausted suddenly, as I battled my own body. My own mind. Dick's words repeating in a loop in my ears.

"That's not love, Tim. You're just a naive child if you think what you have with him is special."

Another sob ripped through me as I pressed my head back against the seat, my eyes squeezing shut. I grit my teeth together, pressing my fingernails deeper into my skin. A sharp stinging intensity played at my nerves. Again, sending a slight break through the fog in my mind.