First impressions / Family conversations

Jason's POV 19yrs old.

My drink was slowly getting warm as it sat in front of me. Condensation building around the rim then sliding down the glass surface.

Normally, I would have downed it in no time, but I just wasn't feeling it tonight. Or today. Or for the last week to be honest.

Since things ended with Jack, I've felt cold. He was a monster for what he was doing to me and I'd never take him back, but I missed the warm arms around me. The fingers running through my hair and down my neck.

Closing my eyes, I remembered the feel of his hands on my waist, my hips, my thighs, running all over my body. Pulling me into him. Holding me close. Heating me up to my core.

The sound of the stool moving beside me interrupted my thoughts and I opened my eyes. A puddle had formed under my cup now as the ice inside it melted.

Sighing out sharply, I pushed it away before folding my arms onto the counter and resting my chin on them.

No use in drinking it now.

"Can I refresh that for you?" A deep voice had me turning to the side, immediately meeting hazel eyes and tousled blonde hair.

Damn. He's hot.

"Huh?"

Nice going Jason. Great first impression.

He chcukled. "Your drink. Can I buy you a new one?" I realized then, I had opened my mouth, but I hadn't said anything. Shaking my head to gather myself, I cleared my throat.

Dumbass.

"Oh, um sure. If you want to." I shrugged, trying to act nonchalant about it. On the inside though, my head was screaming at me about how hot this guy was.

Guess I choose the right day to wear my black turtleneck and tight jeans.

Though honestly, it was just an outfit I hadn't worn for Jack. He didn't like it. Thought it wasn't right for my body type. Well screw him. I look damn sexy and this guy seems to think so too.

Now that I was thinking about it, that's probably why he didn't like me wearing it. It drew too much attention.

Ha!

My smile grew as I got more confident, listening to him order me a new drink.

Once it was in front of me, I took a sip, sighing out as the cool, slightly tangy liquid ran down my throat. "Thanks. I needed this more than I realized tonight."

In trying to be appreciative, I guess he took that as a que to ask what happened. Not that I minded, but he was a random stranger.

Screw it.

I took another sip, then turned to look at him, glancing over his body for a moment.

Hell, he is really good looking.

"Just got out of a relationship...it's been a rough week. Not that I regret it. He was a dick...I just miss the company I guess."

He hummed in response and sipped his own drink, finishing it off before ordering another.

We sat quietly for a moment and I started to think I'd crossed some unspoken line by being so upfront and honest.