Learning to trust

Tim's POV

Jason and I made our way to the stairs, my fingers laced tightly into his as we held hands.

Everything he said was still fresh in my mind. Easing my nerves into a sense of calm. My eyes still a little wet, but from happy tears.

He loved me so much. It was still hard for me to understand why, but everytime he reassured me of his love, I felt so warm. So cherished. It was easily becoming one of my favorite feelings.

The stairs didn't seem so bad, but when I got to the top step, I hesitated, eyeing them cautiously.

Walking was still a little difficult with how sore my leg was and it was a lot of stairs. Just looking at them had me shaking.

My hand fell from Jason's, causing him to turn and look at me, worry visible all over his face. "Baby, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, sucking in a quick breath to steady myself as I tried to stand up straight. "Nothing. I just-" Huffing, I eyed the stairs again.

I knew he was worried. He'd been worried constantly since he found me. Now that we were home, he'd been very careful with me. Not to an unbearable extent, but I hated making him feel like he needed to take care of me all the time.

"I don't think I can make it down myself." I felt small. Fragile. The feeling made me sick. I hated it. Because despite how hard I tried as a kid, I was just small. Short for most guys too. Having to be helped to just walk, made it that much worse.

I looked down, shaking my head in defeat. Not wanting to see Jason's face or his expression as he turned to stand in front of me.

A hand cupped my cheek, thumbing gently at my skin. "Tim, baby look at me." His voice was soft and filled with concern.

Part of me expected some note of sarcasm, teasing, maybe even laughter, but as I looked up, catching his gaze, all I saw was love and compassion. "Baby, you don't have to be embarrassed to ask for help. I will always help you okay. No questions asked."

Without a second thought, he moved one arm behind my back and the other behind my knees. He picked me up, cradling me to his chest much like a child.

A gasp escaped my throat as my hands flew up to grab onto him. My look of surprise slowly fading as he smiled.

I relaxed, returning his smile with my own and laying my head on his shoulder. I still felt small, especially in Jason's hold, but...maybe feeling small in his arms wasn't such a bad thing.

He was so good to me. Always willing to go further then necessary to make sure I had everything I needed.

"How did I get so lucky?" My smile widened as he chuckled, leaning down to peck my lips when we reached the bottom. "I'm the lucky one Tim. I love you so much."

My heart swelled and I giggled, then gasped, clapping a hand over my mouth. He always did that to me. Made butterflies swarm in my stomach and my brain feel high. It was overwhelming, but absolutely amazing.

When I moved my hand away a deep blush stained my cheeks. "I love you too Jason." Placing my hand on his cheek, I pulled him down into a deeper kiss, sighing happily into it.

Only when my stomach growled did he pull away, chuckling softly. "Let's go eat. I'm sure Carla has made something amazing, as usual." I nodded, nuzzling into his neck and smiling widely.

She did make amazing food. It always smelled so good too. I had no doubt she'd be the one to finally put a few extra pounds on me. There was no saying "No." to anything she made.