Dark secrets / Is this wrong?

Jason's POV

It had been a while since I felt this happy. This free. I didn't feel the need to delve so deep into my work just to forget about how lonely I felt. Because with Tim, I felt like nothing else mattered but us.

He was my world and as long as I had him, I knew everything would be okay.

After deciding we were hungry, we had made our way downstairs and into the kitchen. Carla was making lunch and happily made us each a plate.

I was starving since I'd been too stressed this morning to eat and Tim laughed at how fast I was scarfing my food down.

"Jay, you'll get hiccups. Slow down." He kissed my cheek then took a bite of his own food, humming happily at the taste.

He'd gotten his appetite back since the incident and the only problem now was getting him to stop eating.

Although, it wasn't really a problem. At least not for me. I liked seeing a little chuck to his cheeks.

He moved his legs up onto my lap, turning just slightly in his chair as he ate. He just looked so happy. So at peace. It made me smile. "Oh, I'm the one that should slow down? You're like a carnivore over there baby."

Carla shushed me, placing her hands on her hips and eyeing me before smiling at Tim and patting his head. "Sei troppo magro tesoro. Mangi quanto vuoi."

Tim's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he laughed and nodded at Carla. "Sì signora." She cooed at him and patted his cheek gently before turning back to her cooking.

I let out a laugh, enjoying the light hearted moment. "You've got her wrapped around your finger Tim. That's impressive." He just grinned, looking very proud of himself before taking another bite.

It was quiet around us for a moment except for the sounds of Carla cooking, till Tim looked at me, his smile traded for a curious look.

"Where did you go this morning that got you so tense and stressed?" He looked concerned and I couldn't help the happy feeling in my chest from that.

He was worried about me.

As I thought of how to answer, I moved my hands, gently grabbing one of Tim's feet, massaging it.

He hissed slightly and put his hand on my shoulder then slowly relaxed and titled his head back. A slight grin stretched at his lips as he looked at me.

"Well, my father called me before our meeting yesterday." My face scrunched up and Tim furrowed his eyebrows, but stayed quiet. "I haven't seen him in a few years. After my mom passed he...he changed. He really changed."

I paused, breathing in deeply. I hadn't talked about all this in so long, but Tim deserved an explanation of some kind. "As soon as I was old enough, I left. Created a name for myself and left that life behind."

Tim reached down and grabbed my hand, moving his feet down so he could lean closer to me. "I'm sorry Jay. That must have been so hard."

He intertwined our fingers, making me smile momentarily before I took a deep breath.

"I took Roy, Kori, Antonio and a few others with me. Not that I was planning on leaving Roy and Kori, but I tried to forget everything else." I chuckled at the thought.

Roy didn't give me much of a choice and of course Kori came. We'd been inseparable since we were little. Like siblings. They were more family to me than my blood family.

I took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I found out...he sent some of his men as spies to...to watch Jack. He knew when he took you, he just didn't know who you were and he won't get to know."