Recalling the past

Roys POV

My mind was going over so many things. So many memories of Jason and I.

Some were good, okay most were good, others defined us. We were brothers through and through. Nothing would ever change that for us.

We've been through hell together. We've protected each other and loved each other, even when we didn't want to.

We learned that trust is one the most important things between each other. It's what defines someone as a friend and as family.

Kori's hand running through my hair drew my attention back to her. Her voice was soft in my ears as she asked what I was thinking about.

I turned, looking at her with a elected expression. "Us. All of us. You, me, Jason. This family. Just everything that made us who we are."

Her smile could have lit the room up as she scooted closer to me on the bed. "We do have so many great memories don't we." With a nod, I grinned.

There was definitely never a dull moment with us.

"In my earliest memory, Jason was already right by my side. He was already my best friend and brother." Kori hummed in response as she rested her head on my chest.

"You two have always had something so special. I know he wouldn't be where he is today, wouldn't be with Tim, if he hadn't had you right there for him." Signing out softly, I nodded, agreeing completely.

As true as that was, I had Jason to thank for so much in my life too. So many situations that he talked me through. So many heartbreaking nights that he stayed by my side for.

Our trust and friendship was unmistakable. Side by side for life. Brothers till the end. We'd been tested and life's trials had only made us stronger.

My eyes fluttered closed as my memories became dreams. For the last few years, Kori and I had been hoping so hard for our Jason back. For his happy smile and loud laughter. For the anger to calm down and the trauma to heal.

I knew now, we did have him back. Kori had chalked it up to a spontaneous moment with a random stranger. A stranger that unknowingly changed our lives forever. Well, who was I to disagree.

__________________________________

Willis POV. Jason's father.
(Roy 5 and Jason 4)

I held Roy to my chest as my men and I walked back inside. He was still hiccuping pitifully against me and while tears stained his face, he had otherwise stopped crying.

His tiny hands were tangled in my shirt, twisted tightly in the material, my jacket wrapped securely around his small, shaking form. His head was on my shoulder with his face hidden in my neck.

He was no bigger than Jason. Not much older either. I still couldn't believe his father, a man that had worked for me almost 15 years, was gone. He had been a friend. A confidant. Someone I could trust to have my back.

Taking in his son was an obvious option, but it still didn't seem like enough to repay the years of loyalty. The years of friendship that he'd given to me.

He was a man I could count on for anything. He never questioned me, but gave advice that was freely accepted and appreciated.

Roy moved a little, sighing out miserably as he rubbed his eyes. "I wan daddy." His cries started up again and I felt my stomach drop, just hugging him tighter, trying to sooth him as best I could. It broke my heart.