Going home / The proposal

Tim's POV

Time seemed to come to a stand still as I watched Jason sleep.

I had already, so easily memorized every feature of his face. Every line and indent. Every curve around his lips and nose. I did it again now though, tracing the outline of his face lightly with my fingers.

There was no doubt in the mind of anyone that saw him, he was handsome. Sexy. Regal. I grinned though knowing no matter how many others wanted him, he was mine. All mine. He chose me and I chose him. Nothing would ever change that.

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize that fact. My past and everything I'd gone though blinded me to the amazing reality of his love. His love that he gave to me so freely. He'd given me the world.

"Mr. Wayne?" I jumped slightly, looking over at the door where the doctor now stood. "Yes?" My nerves fired off, worry seeping back into my thoughts about what he was going to say.

Even though Jason was okay, I still couldn't help the ideas that lived rent free in my head. I had to remember though, he was okay now, but would he stay that way?

The doctor just smiled and walked over. "I'm very happy with Jason's recovery so far. You had asked me about his safety while traveling and if he feels up to it, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be able to." He gave me a reassuring look.

My look of worry changed to one of relief as I nodded. "Thank you. When can we leave?" I wanted out of this place. Hospitals had become such an anxious place for me. I didn't like them before necessarily, but now, I hate them.

"When Jason wakes up, I'll do one more check over on him. If everything's still going smoothly, you can leave then." He gave me a nod before turning to leave, giving me back the privacy I previously had.

I just smiled, looking back at Jason as I gently grabbed his hand. "We'll be home before you know it Jay. Everything's gonna be okay. Oh god, how I love you Jason Todd." I felt a tear slip down my cheek and sucked in a deep breath.

My emotions had been everywhere, understandably, but I found myself crying tears of joy more often than not. I couldn't help it.

Knowing that my future would be spent with the man that saved me, turned my life completely around for the better, I felt such raw happiness.

Jason had easily become my everything. My past didn't matter now, not with him by my side. When my leg is cramped up or gets sore, it doesn't remind me of Jack, it reminds me that I beat the odds. I stared my demons in the face and told them to fu*k off.

Jason's hand tightened around my own for a moment as he stirred before he settled back down, breathing out slowly.

My heart fluttered and I leaned forward, placing a kiss on his head. "We'll be home soon Jason. Together."

Home was still such a new concept to me in the way that it now included Jason. It still meant all my brothers, my dad and Selina and my sister, but now it held such a higher promise.

It meant nights being held close in the arms of the man I love. Mornings being woken up with soft kisses and coffee. Laughter and pure happiness as I'm hugged and loved. Just knowing that everyday he'll be there. Loving me.

Jason seemed to always be touching me somehow. Before, touch scolded me, made me feel vial and gross. Now, his touch made me feel whole. It made me feel cherished and new. A feeling that I can't quite explain, but the word Euphoria comes very close.

Everything we'd been through had led us to each other. It was destiny, if one believed in that sort of thing. A force greater than anything I could imagine. Who was I to argue with it or try to change the results?