Date night / Guilty conscience

Tim's POV

When Jason suggested doing a date night after what happened, I was thrilled.

We technically hadn't been on an actual date yet, unless you counted going to Alessio's to buy my red shirt. Which, much to Jason's delight, I just happened to be wearing tonight.

This however, would be our first official date and after everything that happened during the past couple days, the universe definitely owed us this. A night to ourselves to just enjoy each other's company.

After Jason told Roy, he texted Antonio and asked how Damian was doing. Mostly for my benefit, which I greatly appreciated. When he told us he was asleep, I was surprised, but glad he was safe.

I was still shaken up, jittery and very paranoid so I was especially grateful about Jason asking Antonio to keep an eye on Damian. It eased my nerves a little to not have to worry about him as well as myself.

The evening was beautiful. Slowly turning from golden hues to purples and pinks as the sun set. Although, any time of the day seemed to be astonishing in Paris. Especially with Jason right beside me.

He really was the most amazing guy. Always loving me. Always making sure I was okay. Just being there when I'm nervous or unsure.

He was my Superman.

Though, I am basing this over just a week's time. However, every part of how I felt was true. Nothing had ever felt this great. This safe. A close second was when Bruce adopted me, but even then it's hard to love someone that you can't physically touch.

Even when I knew for sure Bruce was nothing like my parents, it was still hard to let my walls down.

Slowly though, Jason was building doors and windows into them. Not knocking them down, but helping me adapt inside them.

Without even knowing, he taught me how to feel again. How to trust fully. He taught me that I could be loved so unconditionally, even with my flaws and demons that I came with. The whole package. He loved it.

He loved me.

We had decided to walk and leave the car at the club. The streets were lit up on either side and almost completely empty. Stores were just now closing and restaurants were serving the last of their customers for the night, yet it wasn't empty. People still walked around, enjoying the soft playing music's and the sights.

Every little detail brought the city to life. Every pot of flowers, pastry shop, boutique or Café added to the romantic atmosphere Jason seemed so good at creating. It was so peaceful and exactly what we both needed.

I breathed in deeply, closing my eyes for a moment to take in the smell of everything around us. Baked goods, shoe polish, flowers. Everything mixed together, creating a scent that was entirely its own. It was heavenly.

I felt like this was something I could easily get used to, yet never want to get too comfortable with so I'd never forget just how magical it is. How magical this moment is.

When I opened my eyes, Jason was smiling at me. A look of pure adoration in his eyes.

My own smile widened as he took my hand and we continued walking. "The art gallery is just around this next corner, but if you see any other place you'd wanna check out, just say so." He moved his hand from mine to wrap around me, pulling me closer into his side.

As I hummed out happily, I nodded. "This is so great Jason. Just you and me with no worry about anything else. It's so perfect." When we turned the corner, he stopped, just pulling me closer and wrapping both arms around me.