Forgiving and confessing / Babysitting

Kori's POV

The tea in my hand was slowly getting cold. Carla had brought it to me to help calm my nerves, but my stomach was churning and I didn't want to upset it any further.

I'd been so upset about Roy and Jason lying to me that I'd decided to just hide out in the library when Jason and I got back.

I was done yelling, for now. I just didn't want to talk to anyone at all.

I knew those two would never normally lie to me. Ever. I knew, whether I didn't like it or not, that Jason had the right to do whatever the hell he wanted to, so why they decided to lie to me, pissed me off so much.

Finally, I lifted the cup to my lips, breathing in the scent of Rose and Lavender before taking a slow sip.

It was soothing in my mouth and I closed my eyes as I swallowed, feeling it go down my throat. It did taste amazing.

Carla always knew just what I needed. She knew what combination would calm my nerves and relax me.

When I heard the door open, I didn't even move. Keeping my eyes closed as I leaned back in the armchair, hoping it wasn't anyone I'd have to talk to. Although, for some reason, my luck as of late, hasn't been that good.

"Kori?" His voice was soft and he didn't move closer, obviously respecting the fact that I had come in here to be alone.

Sighing softly, I opened my eyes, looking over at him with a slight frown, but didn't respond.

"Kori, babe, can we talk? Please?" He looked desperate, anxious. Pensive. As though, his actions had hurt him just as much as they hurt me.

I knew he regretted what he did, he hated upsetting me and always went above and beyond to make me happy. I also knew he was just following Jason's orders. Following his brother's orders.

He was Jason's second. It was his job to arrange meetings and keep the peace between other Mafia groups.

I just wish they had told me.

My parents had done nothing but lie to me my entire life. By the time I was sixteen, everything I thought I knew was wrong. I'd found out so many things that they'd kept from me, so one of the only things I really expected from Roy in our relationship was the truth.

My expression softened as I watched him, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, anxiety radiating off him.

Finally, I nodded, setting my tea down, but still didn't say a word. I'd hear what he had to say. I always did. I wasn't obnoxious. If he was coming to me, I knew he had thought long and hard about what he was gonna say.

He immediately moved over to me, kneeling down in front of me and reaching for my hands. I just sat there, watching him curiously, debating on what to do myself.

When I didn't move my hands into his, I regretted it. Seeing the pain surface in his eyes as he moved his hands beside me inside.

"Kori, I am so sorry...I never ever meant to upset or hurt you." He took a deep breath, playing with the hem of my dress for a moment before sighing out. "I love you more than I'll ever be able to show. You are so much more than my world. Damn Kori, you're my universe."

Tears started to puddle in his eyes and I couldn't help the tears that formed in mine. He reached for my hands again and this time I didn't stop him. I didn't pull away as he held my gaze, looking disheveled with every word he spoke.

Shit!

I couldn't stay mad at him. I never could.

"We can't have lies between us Roy. I can't...no matter what, I need to know that whatever else happens around us, I can trust you."