Revenge? 🔥

Kori's POV

My head was on Roy's chest, my hand holding one of his tightly. He was lying still, unconscious on the couch, with his head all bandaged up.

Alonso had fixed it up as best he could, along with making him more comfortable. He told me that the cut wasn't as bad as we thought, Roy was just a bleeder.

His eyes dilated and reacted to light like they were supposed to, so that was a good sign. He just had to wake up. I knew he needed rest, but all I wanted were for his eyes to open.

Jason had left almost an hour ago to find Tim, along with Antonio and the other men. I felt sick about it all. Mostly because I knew if I had stayed with Roy tonight, I would have woken up when he did, and we both could have helped Tim.

Why didn't I?

Because we had a stupid fight. I can't even remember what it was about now.

Sniffling, I moved a hand up to wipe my eyes, hating the fact that I was crying. Seeing Roy like this, so hurt and bruised, it broke my heart. I loved him so much. He was my everything.

"Roy, please... just dont leave me okay." I whispered into his chest, feeling it rise and fall under me. The beating of his heart, rhythmic and steady.

My legs were slightly cramped under me from sitting on the floor so long, but I didn't dare move. I couldn't bring myself to leave his side.

Sighing softly, I just started humming. Something Roy did for me when I didn't feel good or was stressed. Something his mother had done for him when he was little.

When I felt his breath quicken and his body stiffen, I leaned up, watching his features as they scrunched up before his eyes opened. Those beautiful eyes.

"Roy?" I placed a gentle hand on his cheek, watching his eyes move around slowly before landing on me.  he gasped, closing his eyes again and groaning.

I petted his head, slowly running my fingers through his hinger hair. "Shh, just relax. You're okay. A little bruised up, but okay."

When I felt him relax slowly, I sighed out, watching him intensely. "There you go. Just relax." When I stroked his cheek, he leaned into my touch, breathing out slowly.

After a moment, his eyes opened again, and he looked at me concerned and suddenly panicked. "Tim?" My mouth opened, but I didn't know what to say, so I shook my head, tearing up again and sniffling.

When he teared up, grimacing, I let out a soft sob, holding his hand tightly again. "Who?" My breath hitched, and I bit my lip, hoping to avoid that question, but I couldn't.

"Jack... Jason, Antonio, and everyone else are on their way now to find him." I watched the anger flash in his eyes, and he started to sit up, pushing past the pain that obviously coursed through him.

I gasped. "No, hey, lay back down." I gently pushed his chest till he laid back with a huff. "I have to help."

Shaking my head, I adjusted his pillow. "No, you have to rest. You're hurt. Jason will find him."

I was sobbing now around my words, just trying to get Roy comfortable again. My hands were shaking along with the rest of my body.

I was scared for Tim. I was scared for Jason and the others. We had no idea how this night would end.

Roy grabbed me gently, stopping my movements. "Kori, stop. Hey, come here." He pulled me up on top of him, bringing his arms around to cuddle me close.

"Just rest with me then. I can't relax if you're frantic. You say it'll be okay, well, Jason is out there. He'll find Tim. If I've got to believe that, then so do you."