Jason's father? / Saving grace

Roy's POV

"What the fu*k!?"

I was screaming at nothing and no one in particular. Well, actually, I was screaming at the dumbass guys who shot at Jason and an innocent minor.

It made no sense to me. Even after the meeting with Harleen, Tim was still in danger.

"Did they think Damian was Tim? That has to be why right?" I was pacing now up and down the hospital hallway outside Jason's room. I was pissed and hurt and scared. Thinking of all the ways this could have ended much worse.

Kori's hand landed on my shoulder, stopping me. "Roy, take a breath. Sit down. You're shaking and angry and just pissed. I get it, but Jason's gonna be okay and Damian is fine. He's exhausted, but he's not hurt."

I turned to look at her, sighing heavily. She was right. Damian was okay. He'd gone into shock and passed out, but other than that he was okay. "I just don't understand why this happened...Harleen told us nothing was going on. So unless she lied-"

My voice faulted when I caught sight of Antonio behind Kori, aways down the hallway. He had his arms wrapped around Damian and was...kissing him!?

"Okay...maybe I do need to sit down cause apparently, I've entered another universe."

Kori raised an eyebrow at me, putting a hand on my cheek. "Okay, should I be worried about your mental health now babe?"

My gaze caught hers again and I shook my head, turning her by her shoulder to face Antonio and Damian.

"When did that happen? I thought after Jaso-" Kori put a hand over my mouth, shushing me as she watched the two.

Her face was scrunched up in thought and she tilted it to the side. "This isn't our business." She grabbed my shirt, pulling me into Jason's room.

"Wait, but-" she gave me a hard look, stopping me from continuing. "Right. Not our business." She nodded and took a deep breath. "I think it's sweet. The way he held Damian, there's love there."

She smiled, getting a far off gaze for a moment before looking over at Tim and Jason.

Tim was looking at us like we were insane and I had to hold back a laugh. "Hey guys...what's um, what's going on?" Kori smiled at him. "It's nothing. Sorry, how's Jason?"

Tim smiled, happily accepting the change in subject as he looked back at Jason.

"He's doing good. He was awake a little bit ago, but the meds made him tired. I don't think he fully realized what was going on...I hate seeing him like this...it hurts to think he felt this way when I was the one laying there unconscious."

He looked down, sniffling suddenly and grabbing Jason's hand tightly. Kori was at his side in a second, pulling him into a hug.

It was silent for a moment and I walked over, watching Jason before looking back at Tim. "He's stubborn and he has you now to protect. Trust me Tim, he won't be like this for long."

I've never been as good with words or advice like Kori was, not even close, but when Tim looked at me, I knew what I said had helped. At least a little.

He gave me a soft smile, nodding as he turned back to Jason. "Yeah, you're right. He has me and Damian now too."

I nodded, smiling widely before my blood ran cold and I sucked in a sharp breath. "Tim, the men that did this, I promise I will find them. I'll fix this. Whatever reason they had for doing this, they'll regret ever stepping inside that Cafe."

Tim and Kori were both watching me intently. Looking both concerned, yet relieved.

I had no idea at the moment how I'd find these guys, or what I'd do once I did, but they crossed a line. They'd pay for this.