Aftermath

Jasons POV

It had been an hour since we left the hotel. Since Tim had a fight with his brother. Since I saw the light dim in his eyes. I was still trying to process everything that happened.

When Tim walked out of that room, tears streaming down his cheeks and a broken look in his eyes, I wanted to cry. It broke my heart. A heart that I had kept stoic and locked away for so long.

Yet, his expression had me losing my mind. Racing to try and fix the cause of his pain, because all I wanted was to see his smile again.

Getting him back to my house had been top priority. He was in so much pain internally and it scared the hell out of me. Whatever Dick said to him had inevitably pushed him over the edge. Weirher it was on purpose or not.

I'd seen people have breakdowns before. It happens quite often in the life I live. But this, this was heart wrenching. I had wished so badly that it was me feeling that pain and not him. That it was me getting drug down into a mind numbing darkness.

Tim was too precious for anything like this. Too precious to me. I knew that for certain. It still terrified me how fast I had grown attached to him.

The way he smiled and laughed. His perfect hair and eyes. The feel of his body next to mine, heating me up on the inside.

I still didn't understand any of this. In less than 24 hours, he had trapped me under him. Albeit willingly and without complaint. And I knew without a doubt in my mind, I was wrapped firmly around his finger.

I watched him lay sleeping in my bed. His body curled up as he hugged himself. When he passed out, I immediately brought him to my room, hoping my scent would calm his mind.

He was relaxed now and laying peacefully as he breathed evenly, but I still found myself fixated on his chest, watching for any hiccups or signs at all that he was in distress.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality and I took a deep breath, blinking a few times and leaning back in my chair before finally pulling my eyes from Tim's form to answer. "Come in."

Roy walked in, a concerned look in his own eyes and the first aid kit tucked into his right. He glanced at me then looked over at Tim as he made his way over to the bed "Hey, how's he doin?"

Turning back to Tim, I sighed out, wondering just how to answer that question. I really didn't know how he was. "Asleep." I shrugged. It was the only response that I knew to be true. "But, I'm hoping when he wakes up, he will-" I shook my head. I really didn't know what I was hoping for.

Maybe for him to be okay. I knew he wasn't. Obviously. Maybe I just hoped he'd feel better at least. I knew though, whatever Dick said to him would still be affecting him, so maybe I hoped he wouldn't remember.

Roy's hand touched my shoulder and I slumped back into the chair, rubbing my face as he spoke. "I brought this for his arms." He held the first aid kit up. "Carla said they looked pretty bad when you brought him inside." He grimaced and so did I, remembering the blood.

Glancing up at Roy from between my fingers I sighed out heavily before lowering my hands to my lap and turned my head to focus on Tim again.

I had, as carefully as I could, washed the blood away from his forearms, but 4 crescent shape punctures were left in each arm. I hated that they were there, acting as a reminder of what had happened.

"Yeah, he uh...he did that while I was driving...I don't know what came over him. Whatever his brother said, it really messed him up." Sighing in defeat I grabbed the kit from Riys outstretched, setting it on the bed beside Tim.