Not your typical lunch conversations

Damian's POV

As Jason and I drove into town, I was looking at all the shops and restaurants that lined the streets.

It was late afternoon so it seemed that the lunch rush was just calming down, but the dinner crowd hadn't started up yet.

Jason parked and got out. I followed and watched as he looked around before putting his hand over my shoulder. He looked skeptical and slightly tense.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are-are you okay?" I looked around too, trying to figure out what he was looking for.

He shook his head, offering me a smile. "Oh yeah. I'm great. Let's go inside." I followed him, wondering what that was all about.

He seemed slightly on edge, but maybe that's because Tim was still back at the estate and he was still cautious after the accident.

I shrugged and walked with him over to a table. It was a really nice Cafe and smelled like rich coffee. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I took it all in. "Wow. This place smells incredible."

Jason chuckled and nodded. "Just one of the reasons it's my favorite. That, and the coffee itself."

A woman walked up smiling widely. "Ciao Jason." Jason turned, smiling and standing up. "Ciao Annalise, how are you?" He hugged her and I could tell they'd known each other for a while. The energy around them was excited and happy.

Annalise hugged back then pulled away, straightening her apron. "I'm good. Sophia started school last week and Lucia started teething so we've had some new adventures."

Jason laughed heartily and nodded. "Oh, I haven't seen the kids since Lucia was born. I'm sure Antonio has seen them recently."

My eyes widened slightly at the mention of Antonio's name and the rest of thier conversation was lost to me.

I shouldn't have been suprised that Antonio knew people outside the estate. He'd gone off to college after all. So why did it bother me?

Jason had ordered coffee then looked at me. "Damian? Kid you okay?" I shook my head, clearing my thoughts as I looked at him. "What? Oh, yeah. Um can I get just a black coffee please?"

Annalise smiled at me and nodded. "Of course Dolci. Coming right up." Jason visibly flinched when she said that and I looked at him curiously.

He shrugged his shoulders then gave me a smile. "So, how has your stay here been? Is Antonio annoying you to much?" He laughed a little, leaning back in his chair.

I could feel the heat in my cheeks as I figited. "Actually, no. Definitely the opposite. Um...how does he know Annalise?" I couldn't help myself. I had to ask. I'd never get to my actual question if I didn't get this out of the way.

Jason glanced over at the waitress, smiling softly. "They meet at college. He brought her home for the holidays one year. They dated for maybe a year before deciding to just be friends."

My eyes widened. They dated? "Oh, that's um, that's cool." Jason chcukled a little. "Well Dami, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're jealous." He grinned playfully at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

My cheeks burned and my eyes went wide as I sputtered. "What? No! That's crazy! Jealous? Ha." I crossed my arms too, rolling my eyes as I slumped in my seat.

Jason just laughed harder, but nodded. "Okay kiddo. Whatever you say."

I sighed softly, looking off to the side before looking at Jason again. "What... what happened between you and Antonio?" Jason gave me a suprised look, eyeing me for a moment. "What do you mean?"