reassurance and realization

Tims POV

I stayed in Jason's arms. Feeling snug, warm and safe, just tucked in close and feeling his heart beating against mine. Slow, rhythmic and relaxing. Lulling my mind into such a deep and alluring sence of calm that I'd hadn't felt in a very long time.

Some how subconsciously, I knew even before I woke up that he'd be here with me, but the feeling I got when he told me everything was going to be be okay now, overwhelmed my senses and I couldn't help but throw myself onto him.

He had done so much for me in such a small amount of time. He barely knew me, yet treated me like I was some precious to him already. He took care of me when he didn't have to. In ways he he wasn't abligated to.

It made my heart feel full.

When I did finally push away from Jasons chest, he immediately started wiping my tears away. It made me feel like a little kid, but a little giddy too and I smiled up at him. His own smile met mine and I sighed out softly. Content.

"Thank you." My voice was slightly horse, but I continued before he had a chance to respond. "Thank you for not leaving me. For taking care of me and- my arms- you didn't have to."

I looked down at the bandages and swallowed thickly, remembering the feeling of brief relief and clarity when I first did it to myself in the car. It was unintentional and as Jason had previously said, I wasn't in my right mind. Not even a little.

The sudden burst of relief from the mind numbing pain that coursed through my exhausted body, wasn't something I had expected and almost made the action worth it, but after that, the burning only spreed worse, coming back with a vingance as it clouded my already impaired judgment even further.

My gaze didn't linger too long on them though, as Jason's fingers caught my chin, gently lifting my head back up and locking his eyes with mine. Worry filled his gaze for a moment as leaning forward till our forheads tocched, breathing out slowly as his hand shifted to my cheek.

"Baby, I will never leave you. Not like that. Not when you needed me. I'm gonna take care of you now." My eyes widened as he spoke and his hands pulled me closer. We held each other's gaze, neither of us daring to move away. Not that we wanted to.

I had and inkling of it before, but I knew it for sure now. Dick's words held no meaning in my head anymore. He was wrong. So wrong. Jason was everything I never thought I'd find. He was everything I told myself I didn't deserve.

Before I knew it I was sniffling as rears puddled in my eyes. Jason's smile fell and his lips parted as a gasp pushed past them. "Tim?" His hands cupped my face as he looked me over, searching for what could be causing my sudden outburst.

I shook my head though and pushed myself up against his hold, kissing him hard as I wrapped my arms tightly around him again. The kiss was deep with his immediate response as one of his hands moves to my waist, holding me steady against his own chest.

When I pulled away, I chuckled, breathing in a quick breath before a grin pulled against my wet lips. Jason's features twisted slightly as he raised an eyebrow, still holding me by my waist to keep me close.

"These are happy tears, Jason...I'm...so broken...but somehow you've-you've fixed me." When I gave him a smile through my tears, he pulled me even closer, crashing our lips together once again. 

My eyes fluttered closed when his hand went into my hair, pulling gingerly to tilt my head back as he started to kiss down my jaw and neck, leaving a trail of open mouthed kissing in his wake.

Wanting moans left my mouth as I fisted my hands into his shirt, my pulse rising in a pleasnt sort of dizzing kind of way and the way my name fell from his lips had me pinning for more.