Dick's feelings / Tim's demons

Dick's POV 13yrs old

"I don't think Tim likes me." My sudden comment caught Wally's attention and he turned, mouth full of cheese puffs and just stared at me.

It was the first thing I'd said in about 30 minutes, so it made sense that he was confused by my random statement.

We had been happily watching a movie when the thought popped into my head, again. I'd been over thinking about this all week. Ever since dad brought Tim home.

After Wally swallowed, he took a deep breath. "He's just adjusting. He just needs time. That's what your dad said anyway." He shoved another couple cheese balls in his mouth, watching me curiously.

Sighing heavily, I stood up and laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling in thought. "What if he never likes me though...what if he doesn't want a big brother?" Hearing Wally get up and move next to me wasn't a surprise.

What he said was though.

"Dick, he's gonna love having you as a big brother. Out of all the things I've heard you say, this might be, no, it definitely is the dumbest." I scoffed and shook my head, avoiding his eyes as he brushed his fingers through my hair.

He leaned over me, catching my gaze finally as he raised an eyebrow before continuing. "You're great with Damian. He adores you. Tim isn't as young as Dami, he understands a lot more and he's been through hell recently, but just be there for him and I know he'll warm up to you."

His signature goofy smile reassured me as I sighed out, bringing my hands up to rub my face. "You really think so?"

He traced his thumb down the side of my face, down to my chin before gripping it gently, focing me to keep eye contact and he nodded.

"Dude, I know so. Now stop worrying so much and get back over here so we can finish the movie." He chuckled, moving back to his seat to watch the movie again, already shoving more cheese balls in his mouth before I could even sit up. I just laughed.

He was right though. Tim understood a lot more than I guess I gave him credit for. He was so smart and understood so much of what happened to him and his parents.

Worrying about him not liking me seemed so trivial compared to what he was probably going through daily. I needed to just be there for him, give him space, but also let him know I was there if he ever needed anything.

Smiling now, I let myself relax and moved back next to Wally. He looked at me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

We shared a look for a moment as he silently asked me if I was okay. I really was.

When I smiled back, nodding slightly, he grinned then turned back to the TV, his attention now fully tuned to the movie again.

Everything would be okay. I just needed to give it some time, but it would be.

I loved Tim so much already and I was ready to show him that anyway I could.

He was my brother now, my family. I'd do anything for him. I'd always be there for him, no matter what.

Because I knew with everything and everyone that hurt him, I wouldn't let anyone, especially myself, make him feel unloved ever again.

__________________________________

Jason's POV

When I realized the sound I was hearing wasn't in my dream, I opened my eyes, looking around confused and half dazed. My eyes and brain still filled with sleep as I moved an arm out, trying to feel for Tim.