Sunburns and a not so unbearable teen

Antonio's POV

Damian was burnt.

I did feel bad for the kid. It wasn't even that hot outside, but he fell asleep on a floaty.

It probably could have been my fault for not paying attention, though, I don't think making sure he puts on sunscreen falls under my job description...still, Jason was probably gonna be pissed.

We were in the library now and he was wearing one of Jason's T-shirts since his were skin tight, more or less anyway, and some sweatpants. He didn't seem to mind all that much, but I knew it had to be uncomfortable.

Even after applying a generous amount of Aloe, he still looked like a firecracker. He assured me though, he'd just tan nicely in a day or two, so I shouldn't worry.

I figured with him though, I was gonna worry a lot. He didn't tend to get himself into trouble on purpose, but I knew already, I'd have my hands full.

He'd already earned a nickname from me. Not on purpose, it just slipped out when I was chiding myself for not paying attention when he fell asleep.

Piccolo guaio.

It means little trouble. Because, despite what he says, he is definitely trouble. In his own way. "It's not summer, don't kids your age normally have some type of schooling?"

I was still looking at the book in my lap. The same one I had with me outside. Even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew he was listening. "Keen observation." When I looked up, he fixed me with a miffed look.

I chuckled and set my book to the side. "Well, you are what, seventeen right? So either you graduated earlier, or you're taking a rather odd break in the middle of a year." His look changed then to slight annoyance, but I could see the amusement too.

"Fine, yes. I graduated last year. I finished with a 4.0 and, I've completed a full semester of online college courses as well." As he spoke, he pulled a book from one of the shelves. Examining it curiously before sitting down across from me. "Ah, I see." I tapped my chin.

He looked up at me again, seeming to look me over before grinning. It made my heart jump and my stomach flip from the way his lip turned up and his eyes sparkled mischievously.

Oh yes, he was definitely a piccolo guaio.

In some ways though, I think I was okay with that.

"Okay, here's a question for you." He crossed one leg over the other before scrunching his nose and hissing slightly.

I sat up, moving my hand out in reflex, but stopped when he relaxed and fixed me with a hard look. "How are you Jason's head of security at such a young age? You're what, twenty?"

My look of concern quickly changed into a grin at his sparky tone. "Ah, well that's an easy one. When Jason took over the business, most of his fathers men retired. Jason needed to form his own bonds with his own people anyway."

Damian shivered and I stood up, grabbing a blanket off the back of the couch before I walked towards him. Without hesitating, I wrapped it around him, kneeling down so I was eye level with him.

His eyes were wide. Curious, but hesitant. "Sunburns make me shiver too. This will help you warm up." My lips twitched up into a half smile as I watched his cheeks heat up, but maybe that was just the burn talking. We held eye contact for a moment.

Damn. This kid was reeling me in quicker than I realized. No! Stop it!

My hands were still holding the edges of the blanket, so I let go then stood up, clearing my throat. "Anyway," He cleared his too and pulled the blanket tighter around himself before nodding at me to continue.