Anxiety / Meeting Bruce 🔥

Tim's POV

Anxiety coursed through my body as I sat in the passenger seat of Jason's car. My hands gripped my pants leg while my foot was bouncing against the floorboard. My eyes unfocused, starring at everything and nothing at the same time.

My attention was distorted as my mind spun, thinking up anything and everything that Bruce might say to me. Even though he seemed calm on the phone, I was still worried I had disappointed him in some way.

Groaning softly, I moved one hand up to rub my face, my other gripping my pants tighter still. Jason's hand was on mine suddenly, quickly pulling me from my thoughts. "Tim, baby talk to me."

His eyes stayed on the road, but I knew I had his full attention. He tugged my grip free gingerly and slipped his hand into mine, pulling it over to his mouth to place tender kisses on my knuckles.

Leaning back further into the seat, I exhaled out languidly, clicking my tongue softly. "I just want this, us, to work out. Everythings happening so fast, Jason, but...this is what I want. I know it." I squeezed his hand as he continued to kiss my hand and fingers.

I heard him hum softly in thought then nod. "I know this is all so new and scary. Hell, Tim, I'm terrified, but I promise I'm gonna be right there with you. I'm gonna do whatever it takes to prove to your family that I'm good for you." He placed another kiss to my hand.

I could feel tears in my eyes and suddenly let out a chuckle, rubbing them away with my free hand. "I think I've cried more in the last twenty-four hours with you, then I have in the last six months."

When we stopped at a light, he turned to me, eyes wide and full of something. What was that look? Adoration? Love?

A gasp left my lips while he moved his hand from mine, placing it on my cheek to thumb away a tear. "I don't mean to baby...I hope they're good tears."

Chuckling again, I nodded. "Definitely. You make me feel so alive. Jason...you make me feel." A surprised look crossed his features before he smiled kindly and kissed my cheek. He lingered a moment, then turned to face forward again, continuing to drive.

"You calm me, Tim. I've always been a hot head...always. Rash and hasty when making decisions. Somehow though, you put out that fire. You ease the anger and I feel so, so damn happy."

We were both smiling like idiots and I wanted nothing more than to move into his arms and kiss the lights out of him.

He grabbed my hand again, his features growing serious as he sucked in a nervous breath. "I've thought this to myself so many times already, and maybe I'm an absolute idiot for saying something like this so soon."

He paused and I just watched him, my eyebrows furrowed, mouth open slightly, waiting in anticipation.

"Tim, baby, Mi amora rosso, I think I'm in love with you." His face twisted slightly, like saying it outloud was what made him fully realize the statement was true.

My breath hitched in my throat and I was so glad that at that moment he was pulling up to the hotel, because I needed to kiss him. I needed his lips on mine, his hands on me, his heart beat racing along with my own.

Grabbing at his shirt, I moved, pulling myself over into his seat just enough to wrap my arms around his neck then kissed him soundly. Passionately. Intensely.

I felt a hand in my hair and another pulling at my waist as he kissed back. Our mouths moved in sync. Sharp breaths being pulled into our lungs in the split seconds our lips parted, before they were attached again. We clung to each other as a fierce heat built up in between us.